7/28 - Rattling Creek Marathon

anrothar

entirely thrilled
the flat gods are collecting their toll. it happens to the best of us. just sacrifice the slowest rider on your next group ride to them and all will be well.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, I have had a really good year with flats. The one from last week I didn't find until yesterday. So of the 5 flats I've had this year 4 of them were in the last 2 days.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We should do MTBNJ Survivor at the picnic. Have a short lap, each lap's loser gets dropped.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
yeah, this might not work to our advantage, as the winner is likely to be the skinniest among us.....

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is true.

On that topic, I was noticing how pretty much every racer today was like 5% body fat. Some of these guys seem to have more tatoo weight that fat.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Sorry to hear about all your problems Norm.

But how was the course? Will you do it again (that is if you get the FLAT GODS off your back) ;) ? How far is it from NJ?

Mike679

Norm:

Sorry to hear about the flats. Kenda Nevegals, huh? Think I'll cross those off the list of potential new tires based on your experience.

Mike

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry to hear about all your problems Norm.

But how was the course? Will you do it again (that is if you get the FLAT GODS off your back) ;) ? How far is it from NJ?

Eh, it happens. A few beers and 9 hours of sleep and I feel better.

I'll do a proper writeup on the way to work tomorrow. But basically the 26 miles I did was either fire road or the rockiest bunch of singletrack you have ever seen. In a few spots it was Allamuchy-like, but usually not quite as rugged as the real tech stuff at Mooch. Overall though, there wasn't a 10 foot stretch without rocks. I was talking to the 8th place finisher after, as we camped next to each other, and he said he thought it was as tough as the Vermont 50. So much for it being an "easy" intro to 50 miles. The fireroad climb out of the camp was damn steep, bigger than anything out here. Overall the trails were put together really well, when you were on trails.

Will I be back? Probably. It ended up taking just under 3 hours to drive. Cabins were top notch. The girl scouts in PA have it much, much better than the boy scouts in NJ.

Norm:

Sorry to hear about the flats. Kenda Nevegals, huh? Think I'll cross those off the list of potential new tires based on your experience.

Mike

My bad, it was the Blue Groove not Nevegal.

Well Kirt loves them, and you and he are a lot closer in size than you and I, though you may actually be closer in weight to me? I'm pretty aggressive in the rocks these days, so it may be the case that 190 pounds riding aggressively is too much for these tires, I don't know. But then the first flat came from my ride at Hartshorne last week. Hardly rugged terrain.

I was running the Specialized Resolution Sport for a few months and they were good. Might get a pro set for the 24 race. Not sure yet.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I think it's very supportive to just give you the real deal and try to save your "precious" time and $$.Good try though.................

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think it's very supportive to just give you the real deal and try to save your "precious" time and $$.Good try though.................

Yes, supportive, I see. Let's hope you never work at a suicide prevention hotline.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I'll gouge your right eye out with my thumb, I shit you not, you little freak! Now, will you get down here? I'm gonna punch you in the eye till it turns to jelly! I'll stab you with forks till you bleed, how bout that?

not gonna ask questions, i'll wait for the report, tough breaks though.

walter

Fourth Party
I'll gouge your right eye out with my thumb, I shit you not, you little freak! Now, will you get down here? I'm gonna punch you in the eye till it turns to jelly! I'll stab you with forks till you bleed, how bout that?

WTF????

D

DANSPANK

Dan's disection of Shagz's outburts:

The initial response from Brett above somewhat stirred anger in young Steve. But he composed himself, counted to 10 and left it. However the second outburst compounded the first and he was no longer able to contain himself. Thus, and in teh absence of an actually face-t0-face situation, mounted a full frontal verbal assault, mainly:

However, ever the gentleman, Steve is still keen to hear of Norm's weekend activities and race report. In the interest of maximum efficiency and minimal typage, Steve used the same post to leave a note for that both offers a virtual shoulder grab 'n' squeeze, empathysing with Norm's misfortune, and shows genuine interest in an opportunity to learn more of Norm's race experiences, thus:

Top Bottom