6MR - which direction?

ekuhn

So it sounds like the ideal route (regadrless of start point) is a CW loop around the main perimeter trails except for the White extension, do a CCW loop there and double back onto Red for the remainder of the route.

I put together this route in Garmin starting from the canal lot reflecting the above suggestions. Not a whole lot of elev change there so i suppose direction isnt a big factor for balancing climb vs DH.

View attachment 122136
This. This is primo if you have the time.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Clockwise obvi. From the 27 lot is the OG way and my preferred start location. White is best in the direction it was cut (towards canal), however I did ride it a bunch both ways last year. I think towards canal is better if you are in-shape, from canal is better if you are out of shape.

Last edited:

JonF

So i went and did the whole route yesterday. Came out to be 17 miles roundtrip and was a blast! Although the park was officially reopened, trail conditions weren't great with many isolated spots of mud and water. Despite that, the trails were mostly dry and hardpacked so riding was overall good. I recon a few days of sun and wind would dry up those isolated spots.

The CW Main, CCW Nica loop suggestion was spot on. Although the trails do seem like they would be fine in either direction. I ran orange west to east, but after looking at the elevation change from end to end, it seems like it would be better east to west and use red for the ascent. I think i'll switch that part up for next time... when its much drier out.

Oh and i didnt die on red ext, so i got that going for me, which is nice. Gunga gah galunga.

So there's 2 places where you have to cross a river/creek with no bridge? I didn't get a pic of the river but she was 'a flowin hard and i couldn't see the bottom of the concrete. I just trusted there was bottom and plowed through, wet feet be damned. Later, there was a creek crossing which was easy to leap over but no sign of a bridge but its fairly deep and soft in the center, the kind that could suck a tire down and throw you OTB if you just roll it.

strava2501261204339786591.jpg

strava6976297237978039723.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So i went and did the whole route yesterday. Came out to be 17 miles roundtrip and was a blast! Although the park was officially reopened, trail conditions weren't great with many isolated spots of mud and water. Despite that, the trails were mostly dry and hardpacked so riding was overall good. I recon a few days of sun and wind would dry up those isolated spots.

The CW Main, CCW Nica loop suggestion was spot on. Although the trails do seem like they would be fine in either direction. I ran orange west to east, but after looking at the elevation change from end to end, it seems like it would be better east to west and use red for the ascent. I think i'll switch that part up for next time... when its much drier out.

Oh and i didnt die on red ext, so i got that going for me, which is nice. Gunga gah galunga.

So there's 2 places where you have to cross a river/creek with no bridge? I didn't get a pic of the river but she was 'a flowin hard and i couldn't see the bottom of the concrete. I just trusted there was bottom and plowed through, wet feet be damned. Later, there was a creek crossing which was easy to leap over but no sign of a bridge but its fairly deep and soft in the center, the kind that could suck a tire down and throw you OTB if you just roll it.

View attachment 122428
View attachment 122429

there are bridges at all the water crossings, unless there is a back-up, and the crossing at the concrete bridge went partially underwater?

Ideas on where you were??

jklett

there are bridges at all the water crossings, unless there is a back-up, and the crossing at the concrete bridge went partially underwater?

Ideas on where you were??
Looks like the section of red between the two parts of white. That's only got water after rains, there's that little "bridge" about 30 yards downstream that was built for the NICA loop.

Reactions: Tim

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Looks like the section of red between the two parts of white. That's only got water after rains, there's that little "bridge" about 30 yards downstream that was built for the NICA loop.

ah! yes. there is also the low spot after the zig-zag through the field. never saw it that wet!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions