6MR - Progressive Drops?

SLug

Hi there,

I know 6MR has a lot of features, but does it have progressive drops that would be good for young riders to practice on (10 & 11 yo’s)?

Thanks,
Dave

What's a "progressive drop"?

I may have the jargon wrong, but something like this:
929125E6-02A1-43A2-B5F2-656C0858D1A5.png

Progression drops.

And no. Six mile doesn't have that.

Its been like 8 years since I've been to Mercer. But i recall there are some drops to practice pr maybe allaire. Im not saying here is a set like pictures but small drops to practice

The only drop at mercer is the one by the tennis courts, it's a steep washed out section tons of roots. Drops you down to the edge of the lake. I would say it's more of a technical slop. Not so much a drop.

If you take a trip to Highland, their progression drops are conveniently located in the skills area.

Its been like 8 years since I've been to Mercer. But i recall there are some drops to practice pr maybe allaire. Im not saying here is a set like pictures but small drops to practice

We’ve been going to Allaire primarily (and it‘s a blast). My boys and I have been practicing in a pit with a couple of drop-ins, but I get a bit anxious because one of them dead-sailors a lot (had a bad crash on one of them, but not hospital bad), and my other boy is still trying to get the hang of jumping and landing. That’s why I’m looking for a good place that we can go to several times for practicing drops and landings. I’ll be on the lookout if they have one there when we return in a couple of weeks after things calm down a bit.

Honestly, I don’t know why but I found Highland unmemorable. Now thunder mountain was wicked! And it’s closer! (Massachusetts). Sure you’ll find something there.

6 Mile may not have progression drops but there are a bunch of small jumps just outside the Canal parking lot.
I think those would be great to learn on. They're in a big open field so no trees to hit either.

6 Mile may not have progression drops but there are a bunch of small jumps just outside the Canal parking lot.
I think those would be great to learn on. They're in a big open field so no trees to hit either.

Thanks JPark...I think we’ll check it out

If you want them to practice jumping you can try the flow trails at High Bridge. I haven't been there this season but I heard they were much improved. If you get to Mountain Creek they have progressive drops right at the bottom of the mountain.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions