6MR Pop-up TM Concrete Bridge: We are back!

Dingo

We need this...
amphibious-dredge-excavator.jpg

ekuhn

@Patrick ’s work has not gone unnoticed. Water was flowing at high speed yesterday and at a low level, when @WJF and I were out. Wild Bill brought out an old broken pick and we left it by the bridge to aid in clearing debris. We used it and cleaned up the little bit of debris that had accumulated. I didn’t have any bright colored paint but I’ll try and circle back to identify it.

F0F102DE-B64D-4DD2-8425-81CEF1C7E084.jpeg

E76A59B1-1E43-4DAC-B09C-8DF5C92C7AE8.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
6/3/2020
Looking at a 3 hour window at 10:00 - temps moving up near 80F

I'll bring the saw, a shovel, maybe a BFH.
Looking to clear everything on the high side of the bridge.

I'm going to have a mask/buff - and use it if we need to "get close"
I'd appreciate if any help did the same.
I plan on getting in the water.

Currently the far 3 tubes are completely blocked by large logs.
the near 3 are half way up with branches.

this is an informal invitation which you heard about on the internet,
as there are no organized gatherings for doing this.

Parking: https://goo.gl/maps/vhhcuHrswdZkcD5V7
Walk down the access road on the far side of the house, then along the river bank to the bridge.

Last edited:

ekuhn

Looking at a 3 hour window at 10:00 - temps moving up near 80F

I'll bring the saw, a shovel, maybe a BFH.
Looking to clear everything on the high side of the bridge.

I'm going to have a mask/buff - and use it if we need to "get close"
I'd appreciate if any help did the same.
I plan on getting in the water.

Currently the far 3 tubes are completely blocked by large logs.
the near 3 are half way up with branches.

this is an informal invitation which you heard about on the internet,
as there are no organized gatherings for doing this.

Parking: https://goo.gl/maps/vhhcuHrswdZkcD5V7
Walk down the access road on the far side of the house, then along the river bank to the bridge.

Could help, have waiters but would need to be Saturday/Sunday this week. Essential employee life.

Patrick

Staff member
Could help, have waiters but would need to be Saturday/Sunday this week. Essential employee life.

Maybe take on the wooden bridge project or start thinking about the re-route to the metal bridge?

@jdog, not sure if you've scouted it out - is the move to not make the right turn
from the high point - go straight and work from there, or make the right, then rather climbing back up,
make a left towards the bridge.

It is one of the most picturesque places in the park, looking upstream - but the trail has turned to a mudpit.
we could do a ground level boardwalk - would make a nice spur.

ekuhn

Maybe take on the wooden bridge project or start thinking about the re-route to the metal bridge?

@jdog, not sure if you've scouted it out - is the move to not make the right turn
from the high point - go straight and work from there, or make the right, then rather climbing back up,

It is one of the most picturesque places in the park, looking upstream - but the trail has turned to a mudpit.

Believe @jdog has a plan for that little bridge. Willing to do whatever, but can mess with the bosses plans. Let me know if you need help at the concrete bridge or if it was a success.

grampaaah2

Hey Patrick, I wish I could help on this one. I just started getting back out to the trails as my wife just had a baby. Generally busy at that time of the day during the week.

I can usually do TM work starting at like 6am-10am M-F or anytime on he weeked if you need a hand at those time of day.

Also before the world locked down I managed to grab a couple of extra hand tools that I can leave back there for future quick cleanup of the bridge.

Patrick

Staff member
Hey Patrick, I wish I could help on this one. I just started getting back out to the trails as my wife just had a baby. Generally busy at that time of the day during the week.

I can usually do TM work starting at like 6am-10am M-F or anytime on he weeked if you need a hand at those time of day.

Also before the world locked down I managed to grab a couple of extra hand tools that I can leave back there for future quick cleanup of the bridge.

Congrats on the new arrival! a covenial?

Always plenty to do - catch you on the next one.

grampaaah2

Congrats on the new arrival! a covenial?.

Thank, Yes my wife and I are both agreeable about having a new baby. Although the baby is not at all agreeable with the idea of sleeping through the night

Keep me posted on any TM or new features being built, if I have a couple of days notice I can move some schedule things around and be available

jklett

Apparently I don't know what day it is.
20200602_102728.jpg

20200602_105131.jpg
20200602_105126.jpg

I put a rake in the truck for tomorrow, my T-rex arms only reach so far.
20200602_111345.jpg

This is more than I can handle by myself though.
20200602_111349.jpg

I guess I'm not getting another year out of my wader boots(and yes, socks and flops. I'm that guy).
20200602_112025.jpg

See y'all tomorrow.

RobW

was flowing nicely when I rode by, smaller branches on top of the big logs now

Patrick

Staff member
Bump for higher water level TM!

This should be interesting!

I should live cast it.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
OK, rtalk, 30' from there is a wooden bridge that is 5? times as long as the concrete section. Why not just build a bridge using the concrete as a foundation? Leave 3' clearance between the concrete and the runners for the wooden bridge to allow for debris. The obvious issue is a large log taking out a support, so use an 8x8 pressure treated for the supports and fasten them to the concrete.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions