6MR frozen

B

Baskharion

Rode @ 6 MR today (Rt.27 side), it was AWESOME, frozen and crunchy, wasn't that windy, but cold at the first 10 minutes or so...Advice, don't go there mid-day, that's when it gets all muddy and yukky...other than that, 6 MR is def. ridable and is in gr8 shape!! :)

MTBTyler

I came across 3 small patches of mud. Cold hard ground, Fallen trees, I almost had a head on crash with another rider.:D
Canal and new trail

warcricket

Like a Jerk
i was there mid day. conditions were great, but i wasn't feeling it today. meh.

j, there's a downed tree on the red trail near canal rd, kind of fun tho;).

Sircrashalot

Where was the down tree?

The big one I couldn't move was in the section that stays kind of near the field for awhile. Not sure how to describe it...before the climb that leads to the bridge before the concrete bridge. I suck at giving directions too....:D

alex_k

The big one I couldn't move was in the section that stays kind of near the field for awhile. Not sure how to describe it...before the climb that leads to the bridge before the concrete bridge. I suck at giving directions too....:D

it is a new section/re-route that was done last spring

MTBTyler

If it wasnt so darn cold I would have stayed longer. That would be nice to get lost and use my light to get out :D

Sircrashalot

it is a new section/re-route that was done last spring

yes...oh by the way don't try to short cut before it. I did on the way out....too much scrub brush, little sticker bushes, etc. & I was too slow to unclip = dumped. First dump of 2009...:eek:

Wobbegong

i was there mid day. conditions were great, but i wasn't feeling it today. meh.

j, there's a downed tree on the red trail near canal rd, kind of fun tho;).

I know about that one. I figured there would be more with all the wind we had.

Thanks.

J.

PTB66

Got out to six mile today around 8:30am and the trails were great. Nice and crunchy. Saw the downed tree. That's a big sucker.
Rode out from 27 lot to Jaques Ln (?) lot then to the canal rd lot. Rode the blue trail to yellow then back to canal rd then red back to 27.
It was nice to get back to 6MR.:)

MTBTyler

To everyone who took part in the last TM. Thank you! New trail is awsome! Looks like it would be good with lights.;)

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
glad you dug it. It is a ton of fun and getting better. I want to sculpt it a bit more and do a little bit more with it yet.

Keep you eyes peeled for any new sections that you might want to add this spring. The best bet is to look at some of the gps ride loops on Google earth and try to think where we might add some more trail. We are almost out of space. There has been talk from the park about letting us cross Jaques Lane at the parking lot headed south. I have put any time in out there yet but i think we can swing another loop out that way.

I have my fingers crosses on a big trail Revamp but I will hold my breath on it till JP does his magic.

Jorba just gave us a ton of new trail tools and judging by last years TM's we should see 50+ people out to work in the woods.

We did our first trail day last march and we will most likely do the same this year. Based on that we are like 70 days away from TM #1.

j

Wobbegong

I have my fingers crosses on a big trail Revamp but I will hold my breath on it till JP does his magic.

I'll be meeting with the park staff this Friday. Everyone, send me some good vibes and positive energy Friday morning.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I'll be meeting with the park staff this Friday. Everyone, send me some good vibes and positive energy Friday morning.

I have your back.. as you know it is better that I do NOT attend this one.

j

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
good luck J!

I have some ideas that might already be on your list, I will try and draw something up...

J-Dro

Good luck on Friday J. If all else fails, remember the vulcan nerve pinch. They never see that one coming.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions