6MR frozen

Pray for a little Italian Ice, boys.... Just the right freeze-snow-thaw-freeze-snow-dusting combo, and you've got the most amazing stuff you've probably never ridden on... We got Italian Ice 2 years ago at Chimney Rock... the woods, hills, and creek gulleys became an endless concrete wave... Only a few lads experienced it... so they say.....

These days they can only sing about it in barroom songs around Jersey... but a few of us were lucky enough to ride it.... Italian Ice....

Pray for a little Italian Ice, boys.... Just the right freeze-snow-thaw-freeze-snow-dusting combo, and you've got the most amazing stuff you've probably never ridden on... We got Italian Ice 2 years ago at Chimney Rock... the woods, hills, and creek gulleys became an endless concrete wave... Only a few lads experienced it... so they say.....

These days they can only sing about it in barroom songs around Jersey... but a few of us were lucky enough to ride it.... Italian Ice....

I was one of those guys to experience this 2 years ago at Chimney Rock. The horrible rain we got yesterday is going to make 6 mile the usual mudfest it has been for the past month. No Italian Ice :cry:

I just got some really good trail tools from JORBA that I am stoked to break in.

j

he isn't kidding, saw them in the shop yesterday. The brush trimmer thing should be dubbed the ankle eater, that thing is no joke!

Did anyone go out to see if it is rideable??

It has dumped up North and i am stir crazy as hell.

like lil jon say "get low"

lower and lower as the ride went on and down to 20psi!!! The lowest I ever been. I'll also mention I'm not even tubeless suckas :getsome: the lower I got the better

6 mile was good today. A lot of breaking through and ruining your momentum, but when you hit that sweet ice hardpack it was a dream. It was like you were floating over the ground :D Riding in snow is just almost as technical as riding in rocks. Slipping, spinning out, bulldozing through, trying to dig yourself out of ruts, perform some bambi balancing acts here and there. So don't wait till it gets warm to work on your tech. Ride and do it now :)

Made it to end of new red and back. Everything is pretty much frozen except for a couple small parts by cement bridge. Those tombstones do the trick.

I went over to the 27 lot around noon to see what I could see and it looked slick as shit. It looked pretty hairy. I saw a red Volvo parked there so someone was getting on it. Looked like a great day for studded tires.

I am seriously considering the Nokian 29er studded tires for days like today. I had them before for 26" and you could fly.

http://www.rei.com/product/780248

any chance the trails will be rideable tommorow (fri) morning? Hope so, have been off the mtb for way too long. . .
merry xmas!!!

any chance the trails will be rideable tommorow (fri) morning? Hope so, have been off the mtb for way too long. . .
merry xmas!!!

It will be a muddy mess. The rain has been unrelenting and 6-Mile drains poorly. It will take 36-48 hours to freeze. It is simply a very bad time to consider 6-Mile.

I would head to Allaire or Wharton. Maybe Clayton.

ah, that sucks. I was in south jersey yesterday and it wasn't really raining at all. Just walked outside and realized it is practically t-shirt weather. Damn the jersey weather.

ah, that sucks. I was in south jersey yesterday and it wasn't really raining at all. Just walked outside and realized it is practically t-shirt weather. Damn the jersey weather.

I know what your talking about. I hate this damn weather. Well this is my first post from my new laptop so i'm not really that upset. Hopefully, the rain will stop soon and 6 mile will freeze which will make for awesome riding.

I know what your talking about. I hate this damn weather. Well this is my first post from my new laptop so i'm not really that upset. Hopefully, the rain will stop soon and 6 mile will freeze which will make for awesome riding.

if weather.com is true, 6 mile is the worst place to ride at least for a week

FINNNNNNALLLLLYYYY!!!!!!! This morning....frozen solid...went in from 27 side. Crunchy, fast, wonderfully frozen! Lotsa trees/branches on the trail but I was able to clear all except one uprooted big-un that will need a bunch of people or a saw to get rid of. Also some pretty bad ruts in a few spots, but overall....awesome.
:D

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions