6MR conditions 10/1

ellbiddy

Crap...and crap

I snuck in a quick ride before the rain hit and it was a mess I got muddy and wet which i don't really mind...but every climb was 50x harder because my wheels were spinning and sliding all over. All the log rides...damn near impossible with the mud caked tires and slick surfaces. I still made down over and up the creek and rock thing on the red trail. I'm probably not going to ride here for a little while going to take a bit to dry up this mess ;p.

I was going to hit the jump but then realize my life was on the line if I did hah. Overall it was meh...

Edit: Pictures:
IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Last edited:

ellbiddy

Well not "climbs" but uphill sections. Anything with a slight positive grade turned into a slip and slide.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
trails were overall decent today. Pretty muddy in a few spots, but not more than 50ft or so and it was possible to ride around the mud.

I did notice a lot of shotgun shells littered around the edges of the trails which bothers me a lot. Was looking in the trees the whole time looking for hunters.

ellbiddy

I'm probably going to do a "loop" from 27 out to the red trail and back probably around 7 am if anyone wants to ride along

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Me and a couple of other guys are riding 6mile around 10:00 from the RT27 lot. All welcome, social pace.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
trails were overall decent today. Pretty muddy in a few spots, but not more than 50ft or so and it was possible to ride around the mud.

I did notice a lot of shotgun shells littered around the edges of the trails which bothers me a lot. Was looking in the trees the whole time looking for hunters.

Are the shells fresh? On the trail?? That is odd. Usually it is the same crew hiding in the same spots. You are not going to see them unless they are complete idiots. The guys who are out there all the time usually have a set spot where they hunt w/bows. Look up in the trees for stands. They are hard to find for a reason.

They can hear us for the most part long before we see them. The SS bikes are much quieter so I have snuck up on them before a few times.

For the most part they would never shoot at anything moving.

I still am recommending against that might make you look like this:

31RqX7UYqUL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Last edited:

PTB66

Darn...and I was going to wear my new helmet today!!!

Attachments

• helmet.jpg
    helmet.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 184

gdm1

Trails were a bit muddy in some spots but overall wasn't bad.. Posted some pics of todays trails. Going from rt 27 parking lot, I didn't start hauling mud until the wire fences (if you know where I'm talking about)... and the section right before the steepest hill in the park...

www.getoutsidemore.com

ArmyOfNone

Thats is pretty good, but I there have been days where my bike was completely covered. Mine is pretty bad from the last ride there, I was just noticed I need to clean it.

sixseven

As part of my TM project I carried 12 lbs of mud across the road on my bike today and that was after the stream crossing...lots of mud but all passable.
Fun one today, went from 27 lot to the blue trail to the yellow.
Ran into a couple who told us that the new trail is only accessible by way of the red trail. Is this true? When will the red trail go legit?

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
We hit the new trail, and continued on the red trail. We ran into,... well not literally, a bird watcher. He was around a blind turn, and as we turned the corner, Manny and I both started to yell back that there was a "Hiker UP!" This both startled, and pissed him off. He of course says, "you guys know this is a hiking only trail?" To which, I started spinning like I was running for office. "We put in a new trail off red, and the whole thing is turning to multi-use and the signs are already on order." I kind of didn't know how much of what I was saying was actually true, but, I was at that point, just trying to cover my ass. It was a great ride though.:D

J-Dro

We hit the new trail, and continued on the red trail. We ran into,... well not literally, a bird watcher. He was around a blind turn, and as we turned the corner, Manny and I both started to yell back that there was a "Hiker UP!" This both startled, and pissed him off. He of course says, "you guys know this is a hiking only trail?" To which, I started spinning like I was running for office. "We put in a new trail off red, and the whole thing is turning to multi-use and the signs are already on order." I kind of didn't know how much of what I was saying was actually true, but, I was at that point, just trying to cover my ass. It was a great ride though.:D

This is starting to get absurd. There were 40+ MTB'ers out in the 90 degree heat building this new trail, and we are now put in a position of having to ride it on the DL???? What is going on here?

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
This is starting to get absurd. There were 40+ MTB'ers out in the 90 degree heat building this new trail, and we are now put in a position of having to ride it on the DL???? What is going on here?

The signs say hiking only , and the guy was actually cool and used to ride his bike there years ago. We came crashing in on his quiet little snipe hunt.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i rode the new trail this morning, it was super tacky and hard to get momenteum (or maybe it was just me :p) and it was very fun :)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions