6MR conditions 10/1

J-Dro

The signs say hiking only , and the guy was actually cool and used to ride his bike there years ago. We came crashing in on his quiet little snipe hunt.

I know what the signs say. And I think you did the right thing by keeping things cool.

But my point is:

On the day the new trail was built, there were in attendance:

40+ MTBers
0 Hikers
0 Bird watchers
0 Snipe hunters
0 Butterfly watchers
0 anyone else

And yet the new trail is technically not accessable to bikers since it branches off the hiker only red trail. This madness has got to stop.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I know what the signs say. And I think you did the right thing by keeping things cool.

But my point is:

40+ MTBers
0 Hikers
0 Bird watchers
0 Snipe hunters
0 Butterfly watchers
0 anyone else

And yet the new trail is technically not accessable to bikers since it branches off the hiker only red trail. This madness has got to stop.

The signage is just a formality at this point.

Ride it.

J_

sixseven

We would not have built a great new MT BIKE trail in an area that we were not allowed in.

GO RIDE IT!!!!

Thats great news. I asked the same question on friday here and my post was deleted at the request of someone from JORBA apparently.
Too bad I couldnt get the real answer then or I would have ridden Red and the new trail yesterday while I was there!
BTW I did get a PM with an answer, but the answer was NO that it would be open soon.
Glad its all cleared up now.

BritMan

40+ MTBers
0 Hikers
0 Bird watchers
0 Snipe hunters
0 Butterfly watchers
0 anyone else

Actually, there was at least one hiker and one bird-watcher there ...

... I'm sort of interested in butterflies too ...

... but I know what you mean.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions