6 mile today 9/16

Awdrifter13

rode 6 mile with two buddies and had a great time... everyone there was more than nice and the ride was awesome... first time i had a real ride in almost 8 years! who else was there?

Last edited:

rlb

Not today, but I've been there the last 3 weekends in a row ( i think, my memory is that bad). It was my first real trail ride and I've loved it each time, everyone I've seen there has been really nice too. I wish I lived closer, my house is at least a 30 min drive to any trails unfortunately.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I was there. I got there around 7pm and put in about 2 hours. We got lost on the the new trail and had to ride the road back to the Canal side parking lot. FYI, make a right once you hit the doubletrack out of the new trail!! Then somehow we got lost again right next to the 27 side lot, weird, it's not too hard to get turned around at night:D

-Jim.

Awdrifter13

wow i hear you eventhough the trail is so close to me traffic makes it a 30 minute drive after work! i saw a bunch of people on trail so i figured some were there... such is life:D

Jerzeejoe

I WAS there along with another buddy. We were there earlier though say around 330 till about 6 is when we rolled outta the parking lot.. The new trail was good we also got a lil lost at the end of it tryn to find how to get back but eventually found the red trail again.. If you can try and make it out there on Thurs I met a nice guy by the name of Skip and he was telling me about some other trails that dont see much use because they are not too known. So if you can we plan on rolling into the woods around 430

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Did anyone note the length of the new cut??

Thoughts??

See any Hunters??

Jim is spot on about turning right at the field btw..

J

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Did anyone note the length of the new cut??

Thoughts??

See any Hunters??

I didn't catch how long it was but it felt like it added about 15 minutes or so to the loop. I like the off-camberish stuff in that section a bunch. It's gonna be sick once it's worn in:D

No hunters. Lots of deer. We actually had to stop because they were chillin' on the trail and the headlight makes 'em just stand there and stare at you. We also saw a possum. No pantless guys though, sorry:D

-Jim.

Awdrifter13

unfortunately thursday is no goo but if you left at six i was in the parking lot off canal waiting for another buddy... as for the new trail i dont know if i went on it because it was my first side there, sorry

Ian F

unfortunately thursday is no goo but if you left at six i was in the parking lot off canal waiting for another buddy... as for the new trail i dont know if i went on it because it was my first side there, sorry

Ahh... you guys must have been the ones waiting around as I was leaving (orange bike & blue VW diesel wagon)... sorry I didn't stop to say hi... but I really wanted to get home and out of wet clothes... next time, I'll just ride through the damn creek... :eek:

The new section is good... needs to be ridden in... and I still need to get used to riding a hardtail off road again... I got really used to using the Yeti's rear suspension to pop through corners... I feel like I'm learning to mtn bike all over again... kinda embarrassing... :(

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I was there today after i rode Hartshorn & Hubber finished up around a lil after 5pm, Didnt see any hunters but i did notice some tree stands in there that i havent seen before ( becareful out there folks). spent the whole day riding good stuff. ( hey Ian F nice avatar i dig ceribus)

Top Bottom