6 mile Saturday

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
A place where you ride bikes! hahaha Its the name of the stream, I think its 6 miles long or something.
My understanding of the name 6-Mile is it refers to the mile marker of the reservation. That entire area is or was suppose to be reserved to be a resevoir or something and it is marked by mile markers. Where we ride happens to be at the 6-mile mark. I might be talking our of my arse but that's what I heard. Who knows.

By the way, I will try to be there but I tend to be a late sleeper on weekends so we'll have to see.

MTBTyler

I want to see if I can keep up. Dont worry about it if I fall behind, I know my way around 6mile.:D

Sircrashalot

Also gonna try to make it, but will likely do an abbreviated ride & turn around at south middlebush- bit of a time crunch....

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Poor Iggy--- we are talkin the rt.27 lot @930

I'm gonna try to make this ride....If I can't keep up..no worries. I know my way around

Rt. 27 seems to be the choice since its easiest to locate for travelers. Lets gather at 9ish with wheels down at 9:30 to try to appease the early risers.

Since this ride is peaking alot of interest no one is going to be a hard arse about the pace we are not looking to drop anyone. We will stop for regrouping and to warm up(find the warm spot to put your hands:rolleyes:)

J-short that avatar is one of my favorite beers=Dead Guy Ale. Great stuff

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
love to go but work is in the way again. walter and i got out there Wednesday it was cold but the snow had super grip. lots more snow then dirt. the place has a few more water crossings then just the big one on the blue trail. we started at 27 and crossed the road and took the new red cut out and the old one back didnt even bother going down the blue trail to the water. even the twisty short cut on the way back to 27 had some down trees and some standing (sorta) frozen water. its gonna be great riding out on saturday

ArmyOfNone

Rider Beware!

I was there just after the snow finished (I was the first to put tracks down :D) but unfortunately there was a good layer of ice underneath the fluffy snow that made riding not so much fun (for me atleast) I made it out the the first mud bog realized how much fun I was NOT having and turned around. Hopefully this weekend it will change but im not so sure. Just one mans opinion.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
i heard from a reliable source that a bear was sighted at 6 mile this week somewhere between the power lines and the gas line.

Just thought you should know.

j

fasterthanliam

I was there just after the snow finished (I was the first to put tracks down :D) but unfortunately there was a good layer of ice underneath the fluffy snow that made riding not so much fun (for me atleast) I made it out the the first mud bog realized how much fun I was NOT having and turned around. Hopefully this weekend it will change but im not so sure. Just one mans opinion.
I was also out today and found the ice to be an issue. Be careful it was it many areas but only small patches. Should make for an entertaining ride on Saturday. It may be more exposed by then as well. Overall a great ride so go ride.

rlb

i heard from a reliable source that a bear was sighted at 6 mile this week somewhere between the power lines and the gas line.

Just thought you should know.

j

For some strange reason I was thinking about that the last time I rode here, since I'm usually solo. I'd like to think it was displaced and just passing through...but then again it would have found the only real patch of woods for a while. Just pedal faster :D

What area were you guys finding ice patches?

fasterthanliam

For some strange reason I was thinking about that the last time I rode here, since I'm usually solo. I'd like to think it was displaced and just passing through...but then again it would have found the only real patch of woods for a while. Just pedal faster :D

What area were you guys finding ice patches?

Ice patches were in the usual low areas. Also some some on the incline/declines coming from 27. I didn't expect them over there at all. A few in the cedars as well.

Wobbegong

There are bear at Six Mile Run. I have seen footprints for years now, but have never laid eyes on the bears. Years ago a bear was taken from a NJ neighborhood and released at Six Mile.

Top Bottom