6 Mile Run from 27 Sat. Morning

Sircrashalot

I figure if I post I'll have to go.....drinkin some dogfish & ate too much crap so will be slower (8Mph avg. or so) ride, likely from 27 to Middlebush & then back. 9:00am tomorrow if anyone is interested. I'll be the silver honda, silver F29 hangin out of the trunk and the goofy motocross pants :D

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Dang, I read the post too late. Hope you have a good ride. Please report the conditions.

Sircrashalot

Conditions are great....some frozen ruts esp. near the concrete bridge, otherwise perfect. There was a group of 6 or so heading in as I was headin' home.

rlb

The only non-frozen area I saw yesterday was the blue trail on the 27 side where it splits off to the left after you cross the gas pipeline (the section that runs along the river to avoid the twisties). There were 2 huge half frozen puddles. Also the gas pipleline clearing was pretty beat up along the "bottom" portion where you head into the woods

Sircrashalot

The only non-frozen area I saw yesterday was the blue trail on the 27 side where it splits off to the left after you cross the gas pipeline (the section that runs along the river to avoid the twisties). There were 2 huge half frozen puddles. Also the gas pipleline clearing was pretty beat up along the "bottom" portion where you head into the woods

Yeah I took that way on the way out and decided to walk that spot. Saw your tire tracks, and I think your footprints. I walked along the log with the bike in the water too....

rlb

Yeah I took that way on the way out and decided to walk that spot. Saw your tire tracks, and I think your footprints. I walked along the log with the bike in the water too....

Yeah, that was me. My last step wasn't as well placed as it should have been. However, I now know that my boots are waterproof (as the label claims). It was a fun ride overall, but frozen ruts are not fun. I'll def keep my eyes open for the first TM day!

tonyride

Thanks fore the report guys. I might go for a ride there tomorrow around the late morning timeframe. So do you guys recommend starting off at the Canal Road side to avoid the puddles? I don't want to do any more damage.

Sircrashalot

No worries...everything is frozen. The puddle we were talking about was actually frozen mostly over and then broken though by someone. Overall 99.9% of the trail is solid. You won't hurt the trail. I dont know what the trails oming from canal side are like as far as ruts/downed trees- haven't been over there since it finally froze up. Have a great ride....wish I could make it tomorrow!

tonyride

The warm weather today thawed out some of the frozen mud. I was only able to get 7 miles in as I didn't want to damage the trails. I started at the Rt. 27 lot and went just past the stone bridge where it got really muddy. I just double back and tried to go easy on the muddy stuff. It was a short ride but felt good getting out here anyway.

rlb

Gotta get out there early :D I was in at 8:30 and out by 10:30 today. At the end of my ride the red trail leading back to the 27 lot was getting a little squishy but otherwise it was all frozen solid (I avoided the area I described above). I'm glad I got a second ride in this weekend!

tonyride

Gotta get out there early :D I was in at 8:30 and out by 10:30 today. At the end of my ride the red trail leading back to the 27 lot was getting a little squishy but otherwise it was all frozen solid (I avoided the area I described above). I'm glad I got a second ride in this weekend!
It is tough getting my arse out of bed that early on weekends. Besides, I had to walk our dog that's lead by his nose. That makes for a long walk.

rlb

Yeah, I know...I set the alarm for 7 this morning and then wondered why as it rang, but I was off the bike for nearly a month before this week, so I decided it would be worth it.

Sircrashalot

Morning is the key there this time of year. I am the same way....alarm goes off & I wonder what I was thinking. Once I get in the car tho I am always glad to be going riding! Especially after the long no-freeze too muddy time this fall/winter!

Top Bottom