6 Mile Run Conditions

jklett

Nice early morning for some trimming and trash pickupView attachment 132244View attachment 132245View attachment 132246
Thanks again, it was great talking with you today.

BTW, @Patrick looks like we have to go wading again.
20200621_092905.jpg
20200621_092920.jpg

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Thanks again, it was great talking with you today.

BTW, @Patrick looks like we have to go wading again.View attachment 132248View attachment 132249
This is the work of some busy beavers for sure.

conditions are good

the trails are getting hammered though., it kinda bums me out

this is the most use this park Has ever seen. It speaks to the need for more trails in the state as the increasing appetite for trails is evident.

lot of helmet-less people out today. Most would be qualified as those who
the most.

I’ve been working on a great greeting to those who don’t have a helmet on: “oh man, I forgot my helmet once too.. that’s the worst.”

It’s super disarming and likely doesnt end in a typical confrontation

Also Lost my wahoo bolt on the 27 side. Bummer

jklett

I only went to the red/orange split from Canal(first time parking there this year, usually ride in) and looped back due to time constraints and it was dusty and drifty. Also, someone cut out the sketchy logover on red before you get to canal road. I am both happy and sad about that, part of me really liked it but it was getting nuts with people stacking branches and taking them back out.

MikeyBikey2000

I only went to the red/orange split from Canal(first time parking there this year, usually ride in) and looped back due to time constraints and it was dusty and drifty. Also, someone cut out the sketchy logover on red before you get to canal road. I am both happy and sad about that, part of me really liked it but it was getting nuts with people stacking branches and taking them back out.

I am assuming the parks dept did it, rode through it while the guy was working on it up yesterday and it looked freshly cut.

w_b

someone cut out the sketchy logover on red before you get to canal road. I am both happy and sad about that, part of me really liked it but it was getting nuts with people stacking branches and taking them back out.
I banged my shin so hard last time over that, still hasn’t healed fully.

RideOnTime

lot of helmet-less people out today. Most would be qualified as those who
the most.

So many without helmets. I saw a mom out with two kids about 10 years old... all no helmets... My only hope is that these are people’s first rides and they get back to the car saying wow we need helmets.

johnnyrides

Insane stupidity on the trails yesterday. First time I saw more without helmets than with. I think they were organized packs of people riding suspension-less city bikes no less often stoppng with their feet. Dozens of them whipping around turns or just standing mid-Trail without a care in the world. Saying “whooaa” doesn’t stop you folks.

Looking forward to winter.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Bummer, that was always a high speed tap

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Any ideas on how much rain 6 mile got last night? Was thinking about trying today with a few beginner friends.

GreenMachine

Trail conditions were good this morning. But there were WAY too many people, with a bad mix of inexperienced riders.
I've never felt this unsafe going around a corner b/c I was worried about a head-on.
Yeah almost had that happen yesterday with a helmet less family .

spadela86

I'll be back to this park in december

What's a good nearby alternative? Am looking for a quieter option. 27 entrance to 6MR is literally 0.5mi from my driveway, but I'm getting sick of the crowds. Skill wise, I've only been riding 6mos and still struggle to clean some of the climbs on Red, esp near the canal exit. Hence haven't thought about trying Chimney Rock or something.

rick81721

Lothar
What's a good nearby alternative? Am looking for a quieter option. 27 entrance to 6MR is literally 0.5mi from my driveway, but I'm getting sick of the crowds. Skill wise, I've only been riding 6mos and still struggle to clean some of the climbs on Red, esp near the canal exit. Hence haven't thought about trying Chimney Rock or something.

Go to Nassau trails in high Bridge. Rarely more than a few riders during the week (note I stay away from trails on weekends, could be a different story). Skill level similar to 6mr

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions