6 Mile Run Conditions

ekuhn

Conditions were great out there today - not too dusty, no mud.
lots of fun was had.

Plenty of hikers and riders - only one group was hitting the doubles at the red/blue split without a spotter,
but we heard them.

OK - Who said "hey pat, its me" I thought it was @Big Dumb Animal - cause big,
then i realized it wasn't - @iman29 is tall, but he went road today. @ekuhn is a big fella,
but i don't think it was him....i'm at a loss. @Magic was out there, but flyby said i missed him -
although i think i'd recognize him.

It wasn’t me. I went later this afternoon.

And I’m big boned. Lol

Last edited:

Becks

In addition to bug spray, I also use permethrin on my shirt, shorts, and riding shoes. It lasts about 6 weeks and through 6 washings. It is ONLY intended to be sprayed on the outside of clothing and let to dry.

Do not use on skin !

JPark

I saw not that long ago someone was asking about if 6 mile had "progressive drops" are things like this allowed to be built?

I would love to work on something like that. Maybe a small skills section at in the field at the 27 lot? There is already those big rocks and the downed telephone pole

I already do a bunch of pruning TM and have been keeping the concrete bridge clear for a while but to build something. I have some good carpentry skills and some free time at the moment.

Let me know if this is the right area to talk about these kind of things or if building is a"No Go" not looking to do anything outside the rules of the park

Also as a side note to @jdog if you still are looking I have some of the spare black drainage pipe I can donate
View attachment 129278
I'd like to get involved if you can make this project happen. I too have more free time now.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
this seems like it would be fun - i see two issues. Of course the big one is liability,
but it also creates a maintenance problem - where they could just mow, not needs to be weed wacked too.
Other than that...it just takes someone to start asking.

I practice riding on the rocks, and jumping over the telephone poles in the lot!
Volunteers manage to keep 16 miles of trails maintained, weed whacking a few run ups would take minutes...

liability...the argument can be made that it isn’t bigger than anything else in the park and all rollable.

JPark

Volunteers manage to keep 16 miles of trails maintained, weed whacking a few run ups would take minutes...

liability...the argument can be made that it isn’t bigger than anything else in the park and all rollable.
My wife still gets off her bike and walks across those rainbow bridges!

Dingo

Having a skills section would be a great addition.
But having it at the 27 lot is a "stinky" idea. Some days the sewage pump house reaks really bad, we don't even park there any more.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I rode red, orange, and white yesterday morning. It was 99% hero dirt. There were a few soft spots but nothing that should deter anyone from riding and I'm sure they are all but gone today anyway. Go get it!

There has been a lot of TM on the 27 side since I rode here last. Thanks to @jdog, @WJF and others who keep improving the trails and keeping the park so fun to ride.

Oh and I'll add that I updated Trailforks after my ride. I encourage others to do the same when they ride. The widget in the right sidebar of this page is working and up to date.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions