6 Mile Run Conditions

Deamon59

Parked at the 27 lot (there was space) and rode red/orange to middlebrush and back. Trail conditions are good, came across plenty of people. Most are trying to maintain as much space as possible when passing but some seem like they’re not even trying. I try to move over as much as possible but the issue seems to be part social distancing and part trail etiquette.

On a more positive note, digging some of the new berms on orange!

Last edited:

grampaaah2

Parked at the 27 lot (there was space) and rode red/orange to middlebrush and back. Trail conditions are good, came across plenty of people. Most are trying to maintain as much space as possible when passing but some seem like they’re not even trying. I try to move over as much as possible but the issue seems to be part social distancing and part trail etiquette.

On a more positive note, digging some of the new berms on orange!

The new small berms in the twisties added a lot of fun

grampaaah2

Met this super angry snake on the trail over the weekend.

Was striking at me like he was a Cobra, I think maybe it is a hog nose snake? About 6 inches long
20200515_142336 (1).jpg

Cassinonorth

How busy will it be around ~6pm today? Heading down that way to sell something from FB and figured I'd make it worth my while.

grampaaah2

I saw not that long ago someone was asking about if 6 mile had "progressive drops" are things like this allowed to be built?

I would love to work on something like that. Maybe a small skills section at in the field at the 27 lot? There is already those big rocks and the downed telephone pole

I already do a bunch of pruning TM and have been keeping the concrete bridge clear for a while but to build something. I have some good carpentry skills and some free time at the moment.

Let me know if this is the right area to talk about these kind of things or if building is a"No Go" not looking to do anything outside the rules of the park

Also as a side note to @jdog if you still are looking I have some of the spare black drainage pipe I can donate
1589992567712.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Conditions were great out there today - not too dusty, no mud.
lots of fun was had.

Plenty of hikers and riders - only one group was hitting the doubles at the red/blue split without a spotter,
but we heard them.

OK - Who said "hey pat, its me" I thought it was @Big Dumb Animal - cause big,
then i realized it wasn't - @iman29 is tall, but he went road today. @ekuhn is a big fella,
but i don't think it was him....i'm at a loss. @Magic was out there, but flyby said i missed him -
although i think i'd recognize him.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I saw not that long ago someone was asking about if 6 mile had "progressive drops" are things like this allowed to be built?

I would love to work on something like that. Maybe a small skills section at in the field at the 27 lot? There is already those big rocks and the downed telephone pole

I already do a bunch of pruning TM and have been keeping the concrete bridge clear for a while but to build something. I have some good carpentry skills and some free time at the moment.

Let me know if this is the right area to talk about these kind of things or if building is a"No Go" not looking to do anything outside the rules of the park

Also as a side note to @jdog if you still are looking I have some of the spare black drainage pipe I can donate
View attachment 129278

this seems like it would be fun - i see two issues. Of course the big one is liability,
but it also creates a maintenance problem - where they could just mow, not needs to be weed wacked too.
Other than that...it just takes someone to start asking.

I practice riding on the rocks, and jumping over the telephone poles in the lot!

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions were great out there today - not too dusty, no mud.
lots of fun was had.

Plenty of hikers and riders - only one group was hitting the doubles at the red/blue split without a spotter,
but we heard them.

OK - Who said "hey pat, its me" I thought it was @Big Dumb Animal - cause big,
then i realized it wasn't - @iman29 is tall, but he went road today. @ekuhn is a big fella,
but i don't think it was him....i'm at a loss. @Magic was out there, but flyby said i missed him -
although i think i'd recognize him.
I wasn’t exactly flying with friends in tow. How did you not catch me!?

w_b

I saw stuff there dry today that I did not believe ever was dry.

Fast. Conditions are fast. And lousy with zombies-on-Walmart-bikes. Make some noise if you’re rippin around the twisties.

E6B6338D-0CD8-4A02-A12D-B5D4D442D60B.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions