manny0311

You would have to get on canal rd. for a bit though

Attachments

• 20200514_190451.jpg
    20200514_190451.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 89

Mathers

not easy.

the nica course is in that area - you'd probably do ok just looping that area.
through the gate on the west side, turn right at the end, come back up through one of the fire cuts.

if you really want to ride the field out of canal, ya need to park down by the tow path and walk over.
the grass along canal road is county property - so no problem not being off the road.
So the lot by the tow path is open? I plan to be there by 8am so I hope to find a spot at that time.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You would have to get on canal rd. for a bit though
yeah... but there's 3 or 4 hills that would be really tough for a kid (depending on the age and skill of the kid).. i mean they're tough for some adults soooo

Mathers

I just realized what section that is. He wouldn’t make any of those climbs and some of the exposure to the river may be sketchy.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just realized what section that is. He wouldn’t make any of those climbs and some of the exposure to the river may be sketchy.
are you just trying to get to canal lot to start blue from there?

you could just take the road (boring, i know) get over to blue/canal... ride that to where the blue meets back on red (just before the street crossing) and come back on red thru the nica stuff to jacques.

Mathers

are you just trying to get to canal lot to start blue from there?

you could just take the road (boring, i know) get over to blue/canal... ride that to where the blue meets back on red (just before the street crossing) and come back on red thru the nica stuff to jacques.
Yeah my son likes the jumps and berms. That’s probably what I’ll do if we can’t get into the tow path lot.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Yes but black wells mills right around the corner is open. Hero dirt today, hardly anyone on the trail but I started at 11:30 a.m.
Towards the end of blue the last foot bridge is torn up. Hardly looks like an accident so just be careful on that descent. View attachment 128820View attachment 128821

one of the rails broke - there are boards over by the metal bridge - suppose we could put something usable together temporarily.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
i saw that too - was thinking of fishing them out.
was probably meant for bridge decking - but replacing just a few solved the worst problem areas.

There will be a more permanent solution appearing here shortly. If anyone sees fit, please tear all of this out. It's far too rotten to re-use.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I've got standing water in my yard. but it is warming up and the wind is blowing.
tough call - going to be packed in a few hours.

rmap01

Trails should be okay after the rain last night ?
Conditions yesterday evening were as good as I can recall. Mostly tacky throughout with no puddles/mud, yet it wasn’t dusty at all. We had very little rain last nite (in Monmouth County) but I’m not sure about Somerset County. Should be primo later today, sans the sea of humanity.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions