6 Mile Run Conditions

Rocks & Water

One of the biggest things I see going on at all the places I go riding is what Jdog posted. They park like asses and hang in the lots in groups then when they leave you see them all heading to three different cars.

Jrzjoe

That wasn't me. Some of them are good.. some are sketchy. As soon as I can get the machine back out there you will see some bigger changes.
Some of them almost seem like speed adjusters to me, meaning that if your front washes in some of those turns that hole will catch it and pitch you pretty good.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Some of them almost seem like speed adjusters to me, meaning that if your front washes in some of those turns that hole will catch it and pitch you pretty good.
I’d love to see who’s doing this I could give them Some pointers on how to do it in a less abrupt manner

rmap01

How are the trails looking for tomorrow afternoon? Is Jaques still good to park?
For the most part, conditions were actually very good this evening. There are a few scattered puddles (more on Orange than on Red or White) but it was mostly tacky. With all the wind tomorrow afternoon should be ?. The Jacques and 27 lots were open but the canal lot was closed.

Last edited:

jklett

Decent today, should be even better tomorrow. There's a tree down on red between the 2 orange connections, needs a bigger saw than the little folder I carry. I pushed a few leaners back away from the trail but there's a couple throughout the park that are too big for one guy to push back. Just watch your heads, nothing that you can't see easily.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
tkkaJRN.gif

manny0311

Jaques or 27 lot are open. 27 has half the lot closed and Jaques is smaller but usually has spots. Yesterday when coming back from my ride Jaques was getting filled around this time.

grampaaah2

how busy has it been?

I was thinking of riding this afternoon or 1st thing tomorrow. Hoping to avoid crowds, maybe do some TM if needed.

How clogged is the concrete bridge?

Kangdoy

how busy has it been?

I was thinking of riding this afternoon or 1st thing tomorrow. Hoping to avoid crowds, maybe do some TM if needed.

I'll be there around 4:30 to check it out. Unless someone else beats me to it...

Patrick

Staff member
how busy has it been?

At noon it looked like

1589397793701.png

Around 12:20 it looked like

1589397838352.png

by the time we looped back, the rubble in front of the tubes was above the waterline.
Probably a bit more to clear.

The trunks are too big to move without cutting, or equipment.

Face slappers are starting, also some hanging vines.
Besides the tubes, @jklett and I cleared a couple trees across the trail, and some of the head-high stuff.

Trails were fast today! i was not.

Saw @Big Dumb Animal - who i didn't recognize cause he is looking fit AF.
And @Fire Lord Jim - getting ready to bang out a few solo miles.

Wasn't too crowded. mostly pairs of people either biking or hiking. Everyone was courteous.

Last edited:

Becks

Got to Jaques about 1:30 with 6 - 7 cars in the lot, and rode to 27 Lot. Trail traffic started picking up around 2. Back at Jaques at 3:45 and the lot was full with 3 cars waiting for a spot. Trails were in good shape and running fast as Patrick said.
Beautiful day for a ride. Seems people are going later in the day to avoid crowds...

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
At noon it looked like

View attachment 128615

Around 12:20 it looked like

View attachment 128616
by the time we looped back, the rubble in front of the tubes was above the waterline.
Probably a bit more to clear.

The trunks are too big to move without cutting, or equipment.

Face slappers are starting, also some hanging vines.
Besides the tubes, @jklett and I cleared a couple trees across the trail, and some of the head-high stuff.

Trails were fast today! i was not.

Saw @Big Dumb Animal - who i didn't recognize cause he is looking fit AF.
And @Fire Lord Jim - getting ready to bang out a few solo miles.

Wasn't too crowded. mostly pairs of people either biking or hiking. Everyone was courteous.
Thanks Pat, and thanks for the trail work. Between Jay's work and your maintenance I had to stop a few times to make sure where I was, didn't recognize some trails. Awesome conditions yesterday too, only a few puddles to avoid but those are still trouble spots.
I parked on Blackwell Mills but by the time I left people were waiting to park. I definitely passed a lot more cyclists then I normally would but I wouldn't say it was crowded.

Patrick

Staff member
What’s the quickest and easiest for a kid to get the canal lot area from Jacques ?

not easy.

the nica course is in that area - you'd probably do ok just looping that area.
through the gate on the west side, turn right at the end, come back up through one of the fire cuts.

if you really want to ride the field out of canal, ya need to park down by the tow path and walk over.
the grass along canal road is county property - so no problem being off the road.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions