6 Mile Run Conditions

w_b

Who knew they had such a stockpile of caution tape on hand? Now I know why there’s no money for anything else in NJ state parks. My tax dollas at work.

Again, make sure it’s noted: I’m on here, not riding trails. Time check .

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Hey guys just wanted you all to know that Six Mile Run is closed and that is the end of that conversation entirely.

Thanks Norm.

While it may not be obvious to some strava users, strava has been used by authorities in some places to track illegal use during park closures. This can result in fines and or arrest.

Let’s just say that it isn’t worth a KOM

I’m going to softly nudge that we might consider flagging rides we see appearing on trails that we know might be closed (here at 6mr or otherwise).

It’s not far fetched to think for a second that others might see these rides.

All one has to do it pick a popular segment, sort it my month or week and it’s very clear who is riding when and where they shouldn’t be.

Flagging as: Other (illegal ride on closed trail) can help us all look good by keeping this data off the web.

One could also simply mark these rides as private.

Attachments

• FE637447-EEE0-4D6C-9106-C3AAFE89691B.jpeg
    FE637447-EEE0-4D6C-9106-C3AAFE89691B.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 211

Deamon59

Riding from 27 lot. A couple of wet spots so far on red. I found orange too slick in areas and am planning on taking red on my way back. I would avoid orange for right now.

Edit: the rode to middlebrush and back, red is in decent condition with a couple of wet spots.

Last edited:

iridium_red

How's the parking lot - are there any restrictions or reduced parking spots? Both in the lot next to the trails on Blackwells mills, and along Canal road?

jklett

Watch your speed through the red section leading back to canal road, there's a tree down at the bottom of one of the gullys. It's hoppable but not something you'd want to hit at full send.

Ronnie B

I did 17.6 miles yesterday so its safe to say I covered a good portion of the park and the trails were fantastic and only one muddy spot right past the metal bridge, but whoever has been working on them has done a great job, I got to the 27 lot around 3pm and it was almost empty, when I got done with my ride at 6:30pm it was pretty full. A lot of bikers but no issues.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I did 17.6 miles yesterday so its safe to say I covered a good portion of the park and the trails were fantastic and only one muddy spot right past the metal bridge, but whoever has been working on them has done a great job, I got to the 27 lot around 3pm and it was almost empty, when I got done with my ride at 6:30pm it was pretty full. A lot of bikers but no issues.

Thanks man. I move a record amount of dirt last year. Hope to resume as soon as I can get the machine back.

Ronnie B

Thanks man. I move a record amount of dirt last year. Hope to resume as soon as I can get the machine back.
Was that you that dug up the little ditches on the tight turns on the orange trail? I assume it was done to keep it was getting muddy, great work if so!

blackburn1973

Was that you that dug up the little ditches on the tight turns on the orange trail? I assume it was done to keep it was getting muddy, great work if so!
Yeah, I noticed those too over last couple days. Masterful work - as is the White Trail. Flow is amaze balls. Top marks!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions