6 Mile Run Conditions

I just finished up a full loop at 6 Mile. I rolled out of the Canal Rd lot at 7am and finished up around 9 and the conditions were awesome. Red ribbons of frozen fun. No ruts, just smooth rollin' hard pack. If you get out early tomorrow while it's frozen you will be rewarded with some of the best conditions I've seen in a while.

I also came across two ABSOLUTE LEGENDS on the trail today: Wild Bill and Ed. I just wanted to give them a shout out. These guys were out there with brush cutters in 20 degree weather @ 7:30 (they must have started at like 6:30 based on the amount they had done) working on a re-route around the perpetual mud pit that exists on the Red Trail past the concrete bridge right before the tiny wooden bridge heading towards Rt 27. I stopped and had a nice chat with Bill for a few minutes. If you see the guys, or anyone working on the trails while you are riding, stop and take the time to thank them for what they do. It's the least we can do....and join JORBA if you're not already a member.

I just finished up a full loop at 6 Mile. I rolled out of the Canal Rd lot at 7am and finished up around 9 and the conditions were awesome. Red ribbons of frozen fun. No ruts, just smooth rollin' hard pack. If you get out early tomorrow while it's frozen you will be rewarded with some of the best conditions I've seen in a while.

I also came across two ABSOLUTE LEGENDS on the trail today: Wild Bill and Ed. I just wanted to give them a shout out. These guys were out there with brush cutters in 20 degree weather @ 7:30 (they must have started at like 6:30 based on the amount they had done) working on a re-route around the perpetual mud pit that exists on the Red Trail past the concrete bridge right before the tiny wooden bridge heading towards Rt 27. I stopped and had a nice chat with Bill for a few minutes. If you see the guys, or anyone working on the trails while you are riding, stop and take the time to thank them for what they do. It's the least we can do....and join JORBA if you're not already a member.

We need a "love" button for posts like this.

Thanks to wild bill and Ed for cleaning up the mess I made this week. I rough cut a new section and they came in today and ran cleanup duty. This will be the end of a huge mud hole.

Stoked!!
Looking good!

1:30 today, woods good, fields bad. The 27 side was pretty ripping.
Yelled at @jimvreeland in the Jacques lot but he was too cool for school.
E09A6F80-9F93-4464-8773-CAC6BD4CDA77.jpeg

Thanks Randy, we were finishing up a nice reroute around two mud holes that Jason had rough cut Friday morning...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Thank you. Spread the JORBA word!

You were one of two bikers we saw out that early in the cold!

Finished rough cutting a reroute near the power lines on the 27 side today.

I won’t have a chance to get back to do the finish work till Monday.

If anyone is ambitious.. a heavy rake and some hand pruners would go a long way

Changes as shown on the map.
D28544C9-ED4D-4AAF-B650-1C5990F48698.jpeg
1BD5779C-DF23-484F-BDB7-BB2A8333BD8D.jpeg
1BE8E5B9-0FAE-44AE-A1BD-C04595A07BBB.jpeg

Last edited:
Any chance 6 mile is good for a ride tomorrow afternoon? Haven't seen many updates recently, I was initially concerned about freeze-thaw but I don't think it has gone below freezing for a while.

Blue
At around noon there was a good number of wet/soft areas throughout. No deep ruts being formed yet, but tire tracks are visible.

White
Ok-ish. One of the reroutes is starting to get sloppy. A few soft areas in the trees near the lot.

I started at 2:15 did red white and blue. Was more damp than I thought, some puddles, mostly on the 27 side. It's rideable, but I'd say wait until the afternoon. The ground is holding alot of water and it's not evaporating

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions