6 Mile Run Conditions

GHM73

Yeah I've seen a few deer face me and do the front hoof stomping thing to protect their ground. Best to avoid, but they typically do run away when they hear the bike coming their way.

ekuhn

This was two years ago. Every time I hit that switch back section, I remember it like it was yesterday. Came to a skidding stop and he didnt move. Had some more grass and slowly left the trail. Clapping, bell, nothing seemed to work....and I wasnt charging at him.

IMG_2402.JPG

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This was two years ago. Every time I hit that switch back section, I remember it like it was yesterday. Came to a skidding stop and he didnt move. Had some more grass and slowly left the trail. Clapping, bell, nothing seemed to work....and I wasnt charging at him.

View attachment 105221

not impressed with your handlebars. :D
good pic.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Best way is from Jacques Lot heading towards South Middlebush. This was groomed for the NICA race and the flow is sweet.
I actually have only ever ridden it the opposite direction, but i always start from the 27 lot. I don't think i would like it in the "toward middlebush" direction because the couple little jumps on it only work in the "toward Jaques" direction.

ekuhn

I actually have only ever ridden it the opposite direction, but i always start from the 27 lot. I don't think i would like it in the "toward middlebush" direction because the couple little jumps on it only work in the "toward Jaques" direction.

The couple little jumps you reference are just past the Red/Blue Split? Those would be un-effected coming from 27. If its the ones coming from Jacques towards Canal, was a fast "jumpy" section, but since the reroute through the cedars, I dont miss it.

Ive have actually switched my base loop (starting at canal or Jacques) around by going down red towards Canal, up to Jacques and back around. Sure I ride that short section of red twice, but its short and still fun the second time through.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
The couple little jumps you reference are just past the Red/Blue Split? Those would be un-effected coming from 27. If its the ones coming from Jacques towards Canal, was a fast "jumpy" section, but since the reroute through the cedars, I dont miss it.

Ive have actually switched my base loop (starting at canal or Jacques) around by going down red towards Canal, up to Jacques and back around. Sure I ride that short section of red twice, but its short and still fun the second time through.
The little jumps i'm referencing are kinda near the picnic table and "new" bridge with a railing that was installed for NICA. Coming from the red/blue split by middle bush onto white the first one is a double out of the woods into a kind of clearing to a lefthand berm with rollers after it. the next one is a left hip right before the picnic table and railing bridge.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions