6 Mile Run Conditions

johnnyrides

Is 6 mile good to ride tomorrow? Was just planning on a blue/red ride from Canal lot to concrete bridge and back. Following the thread but wanted a clear go/no go. Thanks.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
with the wind and bone dry air, I'd give it a green light for tomorrow....and yeah, no red yet.

and here is @jdog doing Jdog things this morning.

IMG_3225.JPG

And Zoe helping out
IMG_3226.JPG

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Is 6 mile good to ride tomorrow? Was just planning on a blue/red ride from Canal lot to concrete bridge and back. Following the thread but wanted a clear go/no go. Thanks.

it is getting colder tonight than i thought - it might be dry, but if slimy from freeze/thaw, be ready to abort mission.
good luck
we are counting on you....to report back.

johnnyrides

it is getting colder tonight than i thought - it might be dry, but if slimy from freeze/thaw, be ready to abort mission.
good luck
we are counting on you....to report back.

Will do. Plan to get there 10:30-ish. Need a ride badly. Only one ride since October so will be great to get loosened up.

Dajerseyrat

Don't ride 6 mile...I just tried to ride it started at rt 27 made it through white and took the paved roads back to the car. It's still slick in spots and I didnt want to be an inconsiderate asshole and ride the trails back risking damage. The red by the power lines is really bad still, I walked that section. Most of the trail is just moist and slick. Depending on how hard you ride you could do damage. I wasnt chancing being a dick so got off the trails as soon as I could. I would have gotten off at middlebush honestly, but have no clue how to get back from there and figured that side would be drier. But it was not. It seems to be frozen ground water seeping up to the surface.
IMG_20190402_090501.jpg
IMG_20190402_090459.jpg

Last edited:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Ugh. Prime example of freeze/thaw. If it is frozen the night before you can’t go out the next day above freezing. The soil just doesn’t dry out.

johnnyrides

I rode from Canal blue across Middlebush to the concrete bridge and back between 10:30 and 12pm. Slick sheen of mud in a bunch of areas but generally ridable. The slickness kept the speed down as I couldn't extract the mud from the tires. Saw JDog making a nice berm just before the boardwalk area heading east before Middlebush. A couple of large obvious muddy areas especially one I walked past not long into the woods after the Canal field. Things were firming up better on the way back. I'd say 50% slick, 10% muddy, 40% primo.....and me being 100% out of shape. Needs a couple more sunny, dry days but I think we're getting some showers later in the week. I'd stay away and hit Hartshorne.

Kangdoy

Dry and dusty! Didn't cross Middlebush but the whole canal side was good. The only softish spot was the reroute down on blue and even that was just tacky.

Oh! I was going to ride at CR tomorrow, but guess plans have changed! Thanks @jklett. Will check out conditions past Middlebush tomorrow unless someone else chimes in later with conditions on the other side...

gpTron

Dry and dusty! Didn't cross Middlebush but the whole canal side was good. The only softish spot was the reroute down on blue and even that was just tacky.
Sweet. Hope to hit it up tomorrow evening after work/dinner.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions