6 Mile Run Conditions

Sven Migot

A great sign to put up at the Canal Rd parking lot is "if you need to ride or walk the canal path is OPEN across the street". I'd be willing to make it and put it up.
Though I think taping off the parking all together is a better idea.

Sven Migot

A great sign to put up at the Canal Rd parking lot is "if you need to ride or walk the canal path is OPEN across the street". I'd be willing to make it and put it up.
Though I think taping off the parking all together is a better idea.

Trail Closed.jpg

Something like this? Open to edits.

qclabrat

stopped by the Canal Lot for a pit stop coming up from Trenton on the tow path. A few cars, but no racks, though it was later in the afternoon. I've never seen runts like that directly at the trail head, glad to see the officials took action. Wasn't sure about the other other entry points, but good to know it covered them all. On the tow path side, gotta say I've never seen so much horse dung, plenty space to get around, but boy were those piles extra large.

I’d offer something like this

Trails are temporarily closed due to wet /thawing conditions. Please honor this closure and consider using the canal path during this short closure.
First, thanks for all of the trail work you do JDog. I don't get to ride 6 Mile that often, but I know how much of a challenge it is keeping up with it.

Regarding the language, I wouldn't shy away from being a little descriptive about what causes the damage. Short is good, though.

[Headline]
Trails are temporarily closed due to wet/thawing conditions

[Body (smaller) Section]
Soft, muddy trails are easily damaged by feet and tires. The Canal Path across the street is open during this short closure.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Are we supposed to act surprised these people walked passed the signs and climbed through the tape?

soulfly26

Are we supposed to act surprised these people walked passed the signs and climbed through the tape?

Especially when the tape looked like a child put it up. Can the state put up some official looking tape? Or even red stop signs, something a little more official and attention grabbing.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions