6 Mile Run Conditions

Scott

Bump - looking ahead at the forecast for the rest of the week with the thought of bringing the NICA team to 6 mile this Saturday afternoon... is it possible it will be frozen and ok to ride?

My thoughts: It should be rock solid in the AM... but even though the temps will just reach above the freezing mark during the day, the sun can wreak havoc and thaw the top layer.

Dajerseyrat

My thoughts: It should be rock solid in the AM... but even though the temps will just reach above the freezing mark during the day, the sun can wreak havoc and thaw the top layer.
Yeah its really the sun that thaws it. I just rode Hartshorn and even with themps in the 40s on a cloudy day the trails we're Rock solid.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Bump - looking ahead at the forecast for the rest of the week with the thought of bringing the NICA team to 6 mile this Saturday afternoon... is it possible it will be frozen and ok to ride?
Current forecast is partly sunny and mid-30's at 2pm. Looks more cloudy in the morning and freezing around noon.

Dingo

We pedaled it today, first time since last summer.
Started at 09:00 Canal lot. Perfect day and frozen tundra!

What the F is going on here? The trails are a friggin mess with tire-ruts, cut-through's, go-around's....

Who are these cyclist? What the F is wrong with them? Why would they ride in such sloppy conditions that mess up the trails and their bike.

Ignorant, self centered, selfish, or just plain stupid.

SAD!

hooples3

We pedaled it today, first time since last summer.
Started at 09:00 Canal lot. Perfect day and frozen tundra!

What the F is going on here? The trails are a friggin mess with tire-ruts, cut-through's, go-around's....

Who are these cyclist? What the F is wrong with them? Why would they ride in such sloppy conditions that mess up the trails and their bike.

Ignorant, self centered, selfish, or just plain stupid.

SAD!
Sadly some people just don’t care.

Was there any snow left ?

Robin

I got in a loop Saturday from Jacques Lane at 9 am and things were still frozen. By 11 the fields were thawing.

I've never seen the ruts so bad. My NICA kids commented on them too "why did these people ride and ruin the trails for everyone else". Our future understands.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode this morning, got there about 8am and everything was frozen goodness. By the time I finished up back at the Canal lot around 10:15 or so the field was softening up. Another 30 minutes and I’m sure it was a mess. This is after 16 miles...
15762813-F3E3-4724-9D11-50012CA2B1A4.jpeg

Good news is there weren’t many cars in the lot.

GHM73

It'll be a mudfest this week, rain and then freezing Friday night. So it'll be an ice rink Saturday morning. Yaaaay. Hit the road, it's gorgeous outside.

jklett

rake some quick crete in to the dirt when smoothing out the ruts
Maybe we can throw some of the jack knuckles making the ruts in some quick crete instead.

On a serious note, they closed Nassau with caution tape so it won't get destroyed when it's wet. Is there any way we could do that for this place? Even if it's just a sign with a fold down open/closed like they have on the Blackwell's mill bridge? I'd put a few bucks in for that and I'm sure others would too.

Dajerseyrat

Maybe we can throw some of the jack knuckles making the ruts in some quick crete instead.

On a serious note, they closed Nassau with caution tape so it won't get destroyed when it's wet. Is there any way we could do that for this place? Even if it's just a sign with a fold down open/closed like they have on the Blackwell's mill bridge? I'd put a few bucks in for that and I'm sure others would too.
Armed guards????

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions