6 Mile Run Conditions

qclabrat

Is it safe to assume that 6MR is frozen today and safe to ride without damaging trails?
Dirt should be firm but the holes won't be frozen solid. Just got back from a local trail and the ice is only about one centimeter thick.

qclabrat

Visiting my “outlaws” for Thanksgiving. I’m from Westchester. We’ve got the same problems with our Asshats :). Been thinking about maybe posting pics of cars/license plates but then again, not (you never know when the crazy is Gonna come out).

Looking to ride 6MR Friday around 9am (have ridden many times before when visiting). . Will check back for a conditions report.
We'll be there at 8am with a good sized group, look out for us slow riders

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
IMG_20181122_124329_071.jpg

Conditions are near perfect. The new reroute through the swamp at the beginning of Blue is a complete shit hole but I don't see that ever being dry.

adogg

is the concrete bridge crossable? last time we were there the stream was over it on on side.
Easily passable, but one side has about 5" deep water, no big deal though. Whomever is riding tomorrow, suggest you go early AM. Jim is right about beginning of blue being f'd but with temperatures as cold as they are, it should be frozen

Last edited:

johnnyrides

Why are people riding this place? I would think people on this forum would know better. Preach one way and behave completely the other?

pygmypony

Why are people riding this place? I would think people on this forum would know better. Preach one way and behave completely the other?
it was frozen solid this morning, so no damage being done - unless i'm missing something?

once the thaw hits, you will be spot on and everyone should avoid.

today, however, at 15 degrees, it was damn near perfect!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions