6 Mile Run Conditions

pygmypony

Get it today. Rain tonight/tomorrow. #weekendwashout yet again. #SummerOfRain
sad but true...conditions we great today, with the exception of a few of the typical wet/slick spots on orange, and the swamp near the steel bridge on blue...everthing else was like mary poppins - practically perfect (shameless self promotion and full disclosure...my daughter is in the ensemble! come out and see it, the show is great!)

Tarroneus

How much rain did you guys get in the end? Was planning on taking my kids down there today, wondering if it's a go. Thanks!

RideOnTime

This spoiled my ride down to Six Mile yesterday. Between Amwell and Blackwells Mills.

Attachments

• 529.jpeg
    529.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 253

RideOnTime

Maybe for ash tree removal? Usually the work crews have let me scoot around. But the sign was posted 100 yards from where they were working and a water company guy drove by and just said no getting through.

ilnadi

It was nice today, had to walk some low-lying areas on Blue between the boardwalk and Red.
Did the Blue-Red-White-Red-(shortcut to Canal Rd) loop for the first time.
I had ever done that section from Red to Canal Road. My poor son (all of 11 and on a 24-in fat bike) walked a lot but to his credit did not complain. We'll have to find a different loop that bypasses that section or do a lollipop back to blue until he gets better at and I remember climbing.

The stupid GPS watch I was testing decided to cut off after an hour so I am not even sure where we were but I can guess from the maps.

rick81721

Lothar
It was nice today, had to walk some low-lying areas on Blue between the boardwalk and Red.
Did the Blue-Red-White-Red-(shortcut to Canal Rd) loop for the first time.
I had ever done that section from Red to Canal Road. My poor son (all of 11 and on a 24-in fat bike) walked a lot but to his credit did not complain. We'll have to find a different loop that bypasses that section or do a lollipop back to blue until he gets better at and I remember climbing.

The stupid GPS watch I was testing decided to cut off after an hour so I am not even sure where we were but I can guess from the maps.

If you want to skip the last "roller coaster" stretch to canal road, you can exit the jaques lane lot turning right, take jaques road to canal road, another right takes you to the canal lot.

Jrzjoe

IMG_7234.JPG
It's 95% dry. A few splashes in the holes and that trail next to the creek going to the metal bridge is for $hit.

GBLIZX

Not a full loop, was only on white and red bettween Jacques and 27. But only saw a few wet spots that were easy to avoid.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions