6 Mile Run Conditions

Curious how the lunch ride went, 6mr has surprised me when I thought it'd be wet it wasn't and vice versa. Sometimes a heavy but short rain seems to not really soak in as much as a longer rain event. Allaire is too far for an evening ride, we'd be going about 6:30, just enough time to do the 14 mile version and still have enough light. If someone goes there today and it's really muddy please drop a note here and save us a trip. Thanks.

RideOnTime

A few heavy downpours rolled through this afternoon and tonight. Probably needs a day to dry out but things have been drying quick recently with some breezy warm days. Just bring your sneakers- if it's too wet for a ride, go for a hike or run.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
would love a weekend update...

we're heading to halter's tomorrow and want to do six mile but i'm assuming this will have to be a canal ride instead...

BPaze

I was actually hoping to head there tomorrow morning as well but judging by the storms that are supposed to roll through might have to wait until later in August. Summer of rain.

GHM73

SixMile got DUMPED on last night. Torrential downpours for hours. It's an absolute no for most likely, the entire weekend. Spread the word.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
SixMile got DUMPED on last night. Torrential downpours for hours. It's an absolute no for most likely, the entire weekend. Spread the word.

Thanks for the update.

Kind of figured considering this summer so far. Still heading to halter's but we'll hit up the canal or something.

Mountain Bike Mike

Only muddy in the usual spots

IMG_1981.JPG

thegock

Took my 14 year old nephew from Texas there yesterday. It was his first ride in NJ, first clipless, and first fat bike ride.

We only did 5 miles on Blue, which was wetter than usual with a few small puddles, but nothing galactic. 3/4

He had a 5/4 time doe, according to my brother. The Canal lot was jammed at 1:30.

Last edited:
Reactions: rlb

Ian F

Judging by how wet my lawn still was when I mowed it today, I'm guessing not... and of course, last I checked there was more "R" predicted by the end of the week. :(

daytona

Rode canal side and white this morning. Both blue and white are in good shape, however you need to get off your bike and walk down by the water. Big mud puddles and lots of mud. Do not try to ride thru.

RobD

I'll be throwing the bike on the rack in the morning in the hopes I get out of work in time to ride.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions