6 Mile Run Conditions

DAS

Is this around the same time that the Vogons will demolish Earth to make way for a hyperspatial express route through our star system?
‘There’s no point acting all surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display in your local planning
department in Alpha Centauri for fifty of your Earth years, so you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaint and it’s far too late to start
making a fuss about it now.’

GHM73

Was pleasantly surprised to see very light signs of traffic from Jacques (white and red) and no cars in the lot with bike racks (well, besides mine). Trail is still very damp and soft. Wet and puddles in many areas. Low lying areas are very wet. Did NOT see evidence of mud going across South Middlebush at the crossing, so that was encouraging. If it stays dry all week we may actually be able to ride next weekend (high hopes) but I'm sure the concrete bridge and other low areas will stay wet.

Off The Road Again

Was pleasantly surprised to see very light signs of traffic from Jacques (white and red) and no cars in the lot with bike racks (well, besides mine). Trail is still very damp and soft. Wet and puddles in many areas. Low lying areas are very wet. Did NOT see evidence of mud going across South Middlebush at the crossing, so that was encouraging. If it stays dry all week we may actually be able to ride next weekend (high hopes) but I'm sure the concrete bridge and other low areas will stay wet.
Were you riding or hiking? Just curious since I know my car - with bike rack- will be seen often at CR and Sourlands, two notorious poor-draining trail systems, during muddy conditions. Even tho I'm hiking, mtb-ers passing by seeing the rack may assume I'm riding and damaging the trails, but, nope, assessing conditions.
Re: Jairo S. inquiry. He's a stand-up guy, so it doesn't surprise me he reached out to locals for trail conditions he's not familiar with. Thanks Jairo.

GHM73

Were you riding or hiking? Just curious since I know my car - with bike rack- will be seen often at CR and Sourlands, two notorious poor-draining trail systems, during muddy conditions. Even tho I'm hiking, mtb-ers passing by seeing the rack may assume I'm riding and damaging the trails, but, nope, assessing conditions.
Re: Jairo S. inquiry. He's a stand-up guy, so it doesn't surprise me he reached out to locals for trail conditions he's not familiar with. Thanks Jairo.

Walking. Didn't even bring my bike.

Ian F

Forecast shows possible light rain Weds morning, but warm temps, light breeze and low humidity for today and tomorrow.

If I'm in the NJ office tomorrow I may load up a bike and cross my fingers it may be dry enough to ride by the afternoon. Otherwise, the weekend looks promising.

BrianGT3

6MR had mud in any area no exposed to the sun this past Saturday. We've had a ton of rain in this area last week and the ground is incredibly saturated with water. All the normally dry wetland areas along the raritan river have water. Even the D&R canal towpath still has quite a few puddles. The Canal itself even has a high water level! The stream running through 6MR is still surging. If we get no rain, lots of sun exposure it could dry in a week, but otherwise it will take a while (2-3 weeks). 70% would be dry, but 30% insane peanut butter clay mud. Definitely a no go!

Ian F

It looks like the trees are finally starting to get foliage. When they wake up and start drinking, the dirt will become less saturated and dry out faster.

Rdoonz

6MR had mud in any area no exposed to the sun this past Saturday. We've had a ton of rain in this area last week and the ground is incredibly saturated with water. All the normally dry wetland areas along the raritan river have water. Even the D&R canal towpath still has quite a few puddles. The Canal itself even has a high water level! The stream running through 6MR is still surging. If we get no rain, lots of sun exposure it could dry in a week, but otherwise it will take a while (2-3 weeks). 70% would be dry, but 30% insane peanut butter clay mud. Definitely a no go!
I just finished a full loop (minus the Red Trail parallel to the Orange Trail because I'm pretty sure that will be f'd for the foreseeable future). I would say it's 99% hero dirt, 1% shit show. Yes, the trail is a muddy mess in the usual places. The low lying areas near the concrete and steel bridges, two wet areas on the Orange Trail, one muddy patch on the Red Trail between the two ends of the White Trail along the river, and on the White Trail near the two tires crossing the usually dry stream bed. I estimate there was about 100 yards of mud out of the 16.5 miles of trail I rode today. With the exception of a few downed trees, nearly everything else was perfect.

The toughest part of the ride was crossing the stream near the concrete bridge because the water is so high. Someone tried to put together a makeshift bridge using 3 skinny logs. I used it going across the first time, but it was super sketchy. If you don't have good balance you're getting wet. Coming back the other way I just hopped across with my bike overhead, but I'm 6'4 and I barely made it. Overall I would give the trails a 3.7 out of 4 and only because of the little bit of mud.

Deamon59

Rode from the 27 lot through to the twisties. Two puddles in the usual places, two wet spots, and a few trees down (I saw one fall in person!). Conditions are good.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions