6 Mile Run Conditions

rick81721

Lothar
Has someone taken credit yet for this most excellent artwork?

15043878_902436279856097_3269467133079191552_n.jpg

PS that giant tree branch over the blue trail right after entering the woods from the canal lot is like the sword of damocles

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Orange had some puddles in the usual corners. Concrete bridge was flooded. Everything else was good. Blue was bombed with horse shit.

viper8315

Some puddles and mud, but nothing too bad. Chilly, but nice day on the trails. And yes, there was lots of horse shit on the blue trail. They should have to bring a shovel with them and at least shovel it off the trail. I nearly wiped out trying to avoid a huge pile. Oh well...
IMG_20161120_133615647.jpg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
In that pic, how do you get up to that climb? I'm too chicken to take the line to the right. One slip and you're going off the side. Can't seem to go right up the middle either with the lips/roots. What's the trick to it?
Only way I ever made it up that was far right. And the one after it, far left.

viper8315

In that pic, how do you get up to that climb? I'm too chicken to take the line to the right. One slip and you're going off the side. Can't seem to go right up the middle either with the lips/roots. What's the trick to it?

I cheated (taking a page from Captain Kirk's playbook), I performed the "hike-a-bike" maneuver. ;-)

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar

Yeah I think far right is the only way - I almost made it 2 weeks ago, skidded off and my bike nearly dropped off the cliff into the creek. Hung on by a handlebar and one leg!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions