6 Mile Run Conditions

snashters

Removed it on Monday afternoon.
Managed to get in a nice snow ride before the rain started, but got turned around at the flooded concrete bridge. I'm cool with beaver dams until they stop me riding.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
the bridge is going to be a challenge - sounds like the pipes going under it are blocked with debris.
and BRRRR. anyway, got a couple days/week until ridable anyway....

evo456

I don't know why anyone would knowingly destroy their bikes riding in pudding.

Not that I condone riding in pure slop but EVERYONE has done it at one point or another and it is a mountain bike. Not a show piece, trophy or collectors item. It's made to be rode - broke - fixed - repeat

Mountain Bike Mike

I don't know why anyone would knowingly destroy their bikes riding in pudding.
9A95190F-E86D-4D48-8A7A-118262360F85_zpszi97rq0k.jpg

WinTaper

Allaire was pretty good yesterday - some mud on the orange trail heading out of the lot - but the blue, white, the bogs and the "back" half of the orange were fine. Mostly good across hospital rd also. I've never ridden 6-mile... I guess I'll wait till it dries up or freezes.

Last edited:

ekuhn

Took a short hike through the park on red from the canal lot. Made it to the two little newer bridges that are back to back. The storm eroded the trail in a ton of spots down to the shale. The one little 3ft bridge is gone. Only saw one tree down in that area. No idea on the rest of the park.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Stay far far away.

stilluf

I was out doing some bridge repair today. The water table is a high as I have ever seen it.

The lots were full and many people were out absolutely GUTTING he trails.

Special notice to the huge crew with Kim's bike shop kits on who should know better. I see you
Unbelievable and so irresponsible !! Even if they don't understand the damage to the trails, who wants to ride in sloppy mud?!?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
As I was leaving Short Track yesterday I overheard people talking about how much fun 6 mile is when it's wet and muddy. I wanted to murder.

So any possibility of some signage at the trailheads? I think this has already been discussed. If they can't be closed, something along the lines of "The conditions are bad for riding and IF you ride you are destroying the trail and being an asshole"

rick81721

Lothar
So any possibility of some signage at the trailheads? I think this has already been discussed. If they can't be closed, something along the lines of "The conditions are bad for riding and IF you ride you are destroying the trail and being an asshole"

There are signs (at least there were, unless someone ripped them down)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions