6 Mile Run Conditions

rick81721

Lothar
It's rideable. And if you like riding on frozen, slippery washboard, you might even enjoy it. That's all I'll say about that

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
ya, believe this...

i decided to hit the road on the mtb and visit the canal side. if it was bad, id still be out on a nice day.

it somehow wasnt bad today. reminded me of spring skiing. it wasnt fast, but the red trail (the part where it cuts out white) was fantastic. packed snow. its not fast at all, but you aren't rutting up the trails since so much snow is still here. tomorrow may be okay. if its between getting out and sitting on the couch, this isnt too bad.

AD309639-8B52-45A2-B439-956843253D9E_zps7skd7ah8.jpg

6187B520-943C-4B00-B4E4-E3CF4BF6E0AA_zpskbpwapvm.jpg

oh and bonus:
27D12C88-1287-4A66-B90A-67E73E16921D_zps0fmiarc5.jpg

someone rode their quad on the ice. BALLS.

rlb

That's the canal I'm guessing? Balls indeed! Saw a dude at CR who said he punchd through the ice on the reservoir.

goodvibe

Pushed my fat bike through about 1 mile of trail. Then tried the canal path for about 500 feet. Bad news for a while.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
And it isn't any better today - crusty uneven top, breaking through to crap.
never got out of the field, and it is probably worse in the trees....see ya in april.

BiknBen

Drove down S. Middlebush and Canal Rd numerous times this week. Plenty of snow cover remains. The entrance of the red trail at Canal Rd had footprints in the snow. Same thing for the crossing at S. Middlebush.

Sloped areas that face the sun do not have snow. Flat or shaded areas were still covered.

Ian F

I doubt it'll improve until the snow is gone, we start seeing multiple days of sunshine, and the trees 'wake up' and start drawing moisture from the soil. I'd guess early April.

A TM day before then might be a good idea. :hmmm:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions