6 Mile Run Conditions

It was real nice getting back on the trail after me and my friend were hurt for a few months. As the weather gets colder, how does 6mr get? My friend commented that the bridges must get real scary when iced over.

It was real nice getting back on the trail after me and my friend were hurt for a few months. As the weather gets colder, how does 6mr get? My friend commented that the bridges must get real scary when iced over.

6MR gets into a cycle of freezing overnight, and thawing in the sun - always get out there early in the day.

Haven't slid off a bridge there yet, they are nice and flat - can't say the same about SMP! Probably wouldn't go after a freezing rain......

Did a canal side loop today, and it is in wonderful shape - leaves are being blown from the trail by the wind. no soft spots blocking the trail. very nice conditions.

Rode yesterday and it was hella dusty. I miss those sweet tacky conditions where you can actually rail the turns. I was on my brakes the whole time and that makes me :(

Also I'm loving the slight changes all around the place. It keeps me on my toes. Nice work out there J!

I rode 6 mile for the first time last week in the middle of the week. I went by myself and was a bit scared that if I fell and got hurt I would be in there for days:D Im just a big wuss!! I saw a few guys there and one dude on a FAT bike with bells!! The second time I saw him I realized that i re looped from the orange trail to the red trail and was backtracking, so then I turned back around and found my way. This was my first time there and despite having the map I got a little lost and did wind up riding the red trail back from Canal road and split off to the white trail which was hella cool as far as the old rotted cars and snowmobiles in the woods. (dont know if anyone ever noticed that)

I went again this Saturday with 6 people and we had a ton of fun!! We rode red to the blue and looped a 13 mile loop. It was low 40's when we started and seeing the frost on all the fields was really cool. The trail did seem to be well packed in areas and dusty in others. I ran a bit harder this time cause I knew I had help with me if I got hurt. Im just over cautious. Very cool trails and scenery, and very well maintained!! The best part is that 6 mile is like 10 minutes from my house, so I can ride it any day I want really.

Im glad I rekindled my love for mountian biking!! The trails were packed decent enough for my skill and speed level but i see what the previous poster means about it being a dust bowl. the dirt is a bit dry and with the wind blowing it was getting a little dusty. Seems like a good majority of the trail is red clay. We need a little rain in our area.

Last edited:
chocolate powder all over my bike

There was a gangsta squad in the evening. Pimped out Tahoe/Escalade with like 5 guys. Anyone here? Just curious.

Think it'll be dry for a night ride?

it did indeed pour pretty good in Somerset for a while today. i know the trails were very dry but dont think today would be good.

however, agree with Manny, considering how dry the trails were before the rain I would suspect they should be good for tmrw (Saturday) .

Last edited:
Cyclocrossed 6 Miles this morning, conditions are near perfect. Props to the usual suspects on the whoops in between the concrete bridge and the boardwalk, no more bike swallowing hole in the ground. A ton of people out there too, ran into Dustin and Mike. Good times. Blue kit epic sufferfest guy still didnt say hello.

Blue kit epic sufferfest guy still didnt say hello.

Assuming you were the guy on the cdale with the mtbnj vest... Then this is likely directed at me.

Hi!! Two things I avoid while riding - stopping and talking.

That being said I guess I will try to say hi more often.

Lol excellent! No worries, I tend to be overly friendly while riding but totally understand. See ya out there!

Did a lunchtime TT segment attack for a PB.

I just need to figure out how to take 4 min out of it.

Conditions, temps and fall colors are glorious.

Only way it could be better is if someone walked the entire trail with a leaf blower!

Did the lower outer loop last "late late afternoon". Beginning of blue before the woods is too dry and dusty - a little rain will do some good. Otherwise perfect. Only one mud puddle further in.

Had the day off, but my internal alarm clock woke me up at 5am. It wasn't raining so I decided to get a full loop + in. Trail conditions were very good and I even saw a little but of sun. Lot's of leaves on the trail. I would imagine once the rain comes, and the leaves get a little wet, it could get a little hazardous till it dries up.

Planning to ride there this afternoon. Anyone been out there? Just wondering how muddy it is with the rain we had yesterday.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions