6 Mile Run Conditions

pfftt... it was fine this evening. Rode red trail from Jack's lot to 27, took orange back. A few soft spots and a few puddles but that was it. Not as nice as blue but certainly rideable. First time riding these trails - orange was great practice for my turrible twisty skills - played whack-a-tree with my shoulders several times.

And again I've noted that there are more rubes riding at 6MR - I stopped to let some guy come up a climb and said hi - not only did he not thank me, he didn't even say hello - wtf?? On a positive note, I finally met and talked to Pearl - tho I was disappointed that he didn't have huge hair sticking out of his helmet!

Ha! It was mint. Something must have froze and melted, because it was the same as yesterday. Glad I trusted one of my reliable sources :p

anyone plan to ride to 6 mile the weekend of the 12th? heading down to see my sister and want to make my yearly lap of 6 mile... i know i cant ride saturday but maybe friday afternoon or sunday morning?

did 6MR today for the first time since Sandy..I think its the first time :hmmm:

anyway, the place is basically unrecognizable in spots. I like it. it's like a whole new park. there are so many re-routes that it felt like a whole new park. very cool.

but man, do I totally SUCK in the twisties. maintaining speed through twisty trails like that is definitely my biggest weakness. that, and generally being a big p#$$y at times.

but man, do I totally SUCK in the twisties. maintaining speed through twisty trails like that is definitely my biggest weakness. that, and generally being a big p#$$y at times.

Lol, this reads like you wrote out the sentence up to the word "weakness" then walked away from the pc and somebody else wrote the rest and entered it. My dog jumped I laughed so loud.

I'm pretty new to mtn biking and have a lot of trouble in those tight twisties. Also not good with those sudden downhills that curve off to the right or left - I ride the brakes like a 90 year old granny. surprised they didn't burst into flames :eek:

Any rain fall on the land of rollers and berms last night?

Mike it doesn't look like it but I commented on meetup - might be slick in the morning. Last night was good but the east side is definitely wetter than west - might want to start at the canal lot and start with blue.

I'm pretty new to mtn biking and have a lot of trouble in those tight twisties.

if it makes you feel any better - I've been mtbing for over 20 years and suck in the twisties.

to be fair (to myself and you)....it takes practice. 6MR is unlike other parks in that regard. I dont very often so every time I go the twisties are like a new experience.

however, I have found when I do get the chance to go a few times in a row I get considerably faster through the twisties.

and then I dont go for 6 months and completely ride at granny speed through the twisties again.

I plan to ride there this Sunday in the morning. Hope the conditions are good. Leaving from the Rt. 27 lot.

Ha! It was mint. Something must have froze and melted, because it was the same as yesterday. Glad I trusted one of my reliable sources :p

Agreed...was there at 4:30 pm or so and rode the Canal side...there were no issues except for a pack of joggers...ha ha ha!!! They were quite nice, one of them complimented me on my El Mariachi, said he had a Horsethief. Salsa FTW!!!

Looks like I may have missed both you and Rick81721. Maybe me, my El Mar, and my red striped 5150 Van Halen shirt will cross path with you guys one day...

Agreed...was there at 4:30 pm or so and rode the Canal side...there were no issues except for a pack of joggers...ha ha ha!!! They were quite nice, one of them complimented me on my El Mariachi, said he had a Horsethief. Salsa FTW!!!

Looks like I may have missed both you and Rick81721. Maybe me, my El Mar, and my red striped 5150 Van Halen shirt will cross path with you guys one day...

I was on the east side last night. If you see a guy with a grey beard riding a lime green Spearfish (viva Salsa!) that's me.

If you heard a loud boom box pass you, that was me and Lou (soulchild) :)

QUOTE]

hey - I was the guy unloading next to you at the Jacques Lane lot

hey - I was the guy unloading next to you at the Jacques Lane lot

Nice...glad to meet ya...sort of... :)

I should ride there with a flag attached to my bike indicating I'm a member of MTBNJ.COM...you know, one of those you all had when you were younger attached to your Huffy (with banana seat). At least I did. :D

I really need to start putting faces to handle/names here...would be nice.

I may be out there again tonight...looks like close to 60 degrees...

i hope to be out there after work starting from canal. this week of work has been crazy and i havent been able to get there...

Absolutely perfect out there at 10 am today. Hit it!

what he said. might have even been some dust.....

--

should add - if the fella with the matchy-matchy + s-works stops in -

nice job on red - i botched the climb with "that root", and never saw you again...well done.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions