6 Mile Run Conditions

Dr Superb

I would fight the ticket.

There are no signs suggesting you can not park on the grass.

There kinda is. There is a sign that says authorized vehicles only, or officials vehicles only right by the trail head. Suggesting that you cannot drive past. Perhaps the ticket is more for tresspassing rather than parking. I was actually reprimanded by the park police because I innocently drove right by it when I was going to park on the grass. I never realized that sign was there. I didn't want to get into an argument with him even though it's bs because there are a million places to park other than canal rd on he canal side... blackwells mill rd, Jacques ln...

Like I said before, it's ticky tack, but there is a sign...

Edit: I mentioned this in the six mil canal parking thread....not this one...

Last edited:

Slinky29er

There kinda is. There is a sign that says authorized vehicles only, or officials vehicles only right by the trail head. Suggesting that you cannot drive past. Perhaps the ticket is more for tresspassing rather than parking. I was actually reprimanded by the park police because I innocently drove right by it when I was going to park on the grass. I never realized that sign was there. I didn't want to get into an argument with him even though it's bs because there are a million places to park other than canal rd on he canal side... blackwells mill rd, Jacques ln...

Like I said before, it's ticky tack, but there is a sign...

Edit: I mentioned this in the six mil canal parking thread....not this one...

Ya I saw the sign. That's why I pulled in and parked on the grass right there. Didn't see an actual no parking sign or I would have looked around more. Not being from the area I didn't want to drive all over looking for the other trail heads. Though I guess I should have.

danxtj

J, I forgot to mention yesterday all the *newer* improvements. It seems everytime I come to 6 Miles Ron there are more berms, more rollers and better overall conditions. The concrete work on the concrete bridge is fantastic, thanks to you and all the folks that get out there to give you a hand.

+1. I was there last monday and had a blast. With all the *newer* it almost feels like a really long pump track. Great flow!

+1. I was there last monday and had a blast. With all the *newer* it almost feels like a really long pump track. Great flow!

Rode 6mi twice so far and agree! It's nice to have a park that allows a trail crew so much freedom to add trail features and construct real berms!

I had the same feeling when I started riding Jungle Habitat last season....it feels more like a mtb park, with purpose built trails, than just a bunch of trails in the woods!

I live 8 minutes from Kittatinny SP, and know that remaining "multi-use" is huge with the state park officials and that they would never allow their mtb trail stewards/liasions (team bulldog)....the type of freedom to build similar trails/features there....:cry:

Still rain in the forecast for tomorrow (Thursday)...depends on how much we get between now and Friday AM. If we get very little, you may be okay. But you may want to hold out for the opinion of a more local/regular....which I'm sure will be forthcoming asap......

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
crosspost from pearl's thread:

i took a peek and finally have a chance to post.

go to the six milez and ride your bikes. i was on foot, well actually fancy black shiny business type shoes, so i didn't get far, but i will say its a go. probably a handful of wet corners and the red trail will be slipperies.

i bet friday night won't be good if we get more rain, which is unfortunate because i was planning on going then.

Dave H

Went this morning at 6:30. Trails were in better than expected shape. Only a few small puddles. Too bad it's about to rain.

Dave H

Conditions were good. Way too crowded for me though. Had to pull over every 1/4 mile. I guess thats what i get for going at 11:30 am. lol

Chris(NJ)

yep, conditions were excellent.

Being my 2nd time there I decided to try out all of trails after crossing the road. I guess its mostly red/orange on that side. Some really fun stuff!

I Ride Bikes

Conditions were near perfect this morning. Aside from a few normal puddles its just about tacky everywhere. Red between the concrete bridge and the small new bridge is the worst of it. If the weather holds out today and tonight its just going to get better. Hit it up bwfore it gets dusty again.

Dr Superb

It probably won't get any better than it is right now. Make sure to hit it up tomorrow, looks like it will rain mid week! :getsome:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
It probably won't get any better than it is right now. Make sure to hit it up tomorrow, looks like it will rain mid week! :getsome:

I should have confirmed this yesterday as well. Get it while you can! Not one drop of mud on our bikes after our ride.

KStwenty1

6MR conditions - May 8, 2012

The trails look great, no puddles or mud...but it is about to rain for a few days. This morning I pruned the entire white trail. I also pruned the red trail from the blue/red junction to the red/white junction. Also took out those two huge overgrowths on th red trail near the Jacques Ave. lot. Now, I rode a full loop today as well, the rest of the trails look good. Anyhow....have fun!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions