6 Mile Run Conditions

Went out after work today... ridiclously dry out there. Felt like july....Needs some rain.

Rode there for the first time with my daughter on Sat., killer network of trails and features......Fast=Fun.....

After all the rain last year.....never thought we'd be doing a rain-dance for 6Mi......:D

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i know it just rained, but conditions were great other than some slippery wood late late late late yesterday/early early early this morning and will probably be killer once the sun bakes the dirt a little today. most of the time the rain wasn't even getting through the trees.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
yeah, the rain we got last night will actually help conditions. Heavy rain this weekend could be a disaster though.

dnap

Team MTBNJ Halter's
As of yesterday "evening" things made of wood were rather slippery. I would imagine today the conditions are stellar.

Wet spot at 6 Mile.......

I think I saw one wet section this morning/afternoon at 6 mile...............but it may have just been a "pee" spot.

Very dry, Very dusty......we could actually use some rain down there!

btw.....trail work at concrete bridge was looking much improved Vs. last Sat.

Kudos to the trail crew!

Chris(NJ)

I think I saw one wet section this morning/afternoon at 6 mile...............but it may have just been a "pee" spot.

Very dry, Very dusty......we could actually use some rain down there!

btw.....trail work at concrete bridge was looking much improved Vs. last Sat.

Kudos to the trail crew!

2nd! Place is SUPER dry. I thought I spotted an area of vomit...not sure what that was actually. lol.
ANyway, this was my first time here and its a super fun place to ride. Doesnt even feel like mtb'ing

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
It is all about to change.

If it rains as much as it says it will, please give it a day or two to dry out.

The ruts after this big rain will last all summer.

Slinky29er

Going to 6 mile in the morning if anyone wants to ride. Just the wife and I. Thiswill only be our second time there so some one with some trail knowledge would be great. I'm a advanced rider and my wife can hold her own

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Going to 6 mile in the morning if anyone wants to ride. Just the wife and I. Thiswill only be our second time there so some one with some trail knowledge would be great. I'm a advanced rider and my wife can hold her hat

What time??

Going to 6 mile in the morning if anyone wants to ride. Just the wife and I. Thiswill only be our second time there so some one with some trail knowledge would be great. I'm a advanced rider and my wife can hold her own

Better go early........cause once the rain starts...6 mile is a "NO-GO!"

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
[QUOTE-Slinky29er;397508]Going to 6 mile in the morning if anyone wants to ride. Just the wife and I. Thiswill only be our second time there so some one with some trail knowledge would be great. I'm a advanced rider and my wife can hold her hat

What time??

lol .. at first glance i thought jdog posted as some kind of joke

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yup- dry out there today, bunch of folks getting a ride in before the storm.
And most had helmets, only 3 guys on blue did not.
Seems the helmetless crowd comes from the canal lot.

Anyway, nice work out there- no one will be taking headers on the improved cement bridge.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions