6 Mile Run Conditions

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
It was nice and frozen at 9 this morning. If you're going to ride it, do it early.

That's the thing...people aren't riding early. They are showing up at 11:30am. Even though it's cold as shit the sun still warms the surface. All these ruts weren't from a freeze thaw cause it hasn't really frozen yet. These were from riding in poor conditions

Turbotrix

That's the thing...people aren't riding early. They are showing up at 11:30am. Even though it's cold as shit the sun still warms the surface. All these ruts weren't from a freeze thaw cause it hasn't really frozen yet. These were from riding in poor conditions

Yup. Even early in the morning, the parts that had sun on them were thawing quickly and getting soft.

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Wow!...It looks f#$* i was planing on going there at 7am tomorrow,but by the looks of that no way....Once the sun comes up past 10am it just get so sloppy....very sad people keep riding in these conditions...Alot of hard work getting beaten up:cry:

tednugent

in the rte 27 side: red has lots of sloppy spots, especially the huge section by the concrete bridge. best to jump onto the orange trail (its pretty dry overall around 9:00 to 10:00 with some small spots of mud) then loop back on the orange again

canal road side: official red is generally fine. white is good also. I did not try the blue trail, it's probably a sloppy mess. so... if you park at the Jacques Rd lot, do some white-red laps

Last edited:

tednugent

No way was it frozen. Had to be a soft mess today.

parts of it was a muddy mess today (not fun walking through it if I couldn't walk around it).... as I already mentioned.... there are some routes you can still use, as already mention

too bad the shop rite in hillsborough ran out of scrapple (they don't really sell it up north)

I Ride Bikes

Conditions were perfect today. Completely frozen and FAST!! Both me and my bike actually came out covered in dust. Most of the trail was in good shape and def completely ridable. The majority of frozen ruts seemed to be on red. After the concrete bridge is destroyed.

If you can get out before temps are above freezing and the sun is shinning on the trails do it.

Deamon59

rode this morning from from 27 to jaqcues on red, oj, and white. trails were frozen and awesome, except for a few bad parts with tons of ruts.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just got from cr and it was getting a little mushy. I'd venture a guess that 6m sucks but will be good tomorrow morning. The trails are totally saturated from the rain, and need a little mire time to freeze.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions