6 Mile Run Conditions

S1CAR10

Non-inflammatorily: go slow through the middle of the puddle (no-wake, for the boaters). Going around blows out the trail, and railing it makes it harder to fix when it dries out.
All good, no offense taken. You are only reiterating what the signs posted up are saying.. I should've been more clear and mentioned that the puddles did not take up the full width of the existing trail, so I was able go swerve around them within the confines of the trail. In addition, if the mud puddle does cover the entire width of the trail, I usually pick up the bike, jump or walk over the puddle. Today was pretty good. I went from Canal again to 27 and back and encountered only 1 mud small mud puddle on the orange trail, Canal side. I also noticed that the Rt 27 side dirt was beginning to get dusty but overall dirt conditions were perfect and somewhat sticky👌.

ekuhn

Spent some time at the concrete bridge last night. Cleared out all the twigs and sticks and stirred up the settlement to get it downstream. I learned that my waders aren't as water tight as they used to be. The beaver's got some work to do. Water level went down a foot plus.

Exit side (far and right in photos) needs some work. I watched most everyone (not all) not make it through the now dry rock garden. One guy did a full 90* endo, but saved it!

IMG_4634.jpeg

IMG_4636.jpeg

IMG_4637.jpeg

w_b

Spent some time at the concrete bridge last night. Cleared out all the twigs and sticks and stirred up the settlement to get it downstream. I learned that my waders aren't as water tight as they used to be. The beaver's got some work to do. Water level went down a foot plus.

Exit side (far and right in photos) needs some work. I watched most everyone (not all) not make it through the now dry rock garden. One guy did a full 90* endo, but saved it!

View attachment 160016

View attachment 160017

View attachment 160018
Nice. Pat and JKlett gon be bummed ya beat em there! Thanks!

jklett

I just got back, the rose whips are getting bad. I'll bring clippers next time, plum forgot them or I would have gotten the worst offenders. Otherwise it's in great shape, a few small soft spots here and there and dusty in others. Thanks @ekuhn for clearing the tubes!

jklett

BTW, is that "rock garden" at the concrete bridge really that hard? I'm asking honestly, maybe I'm just jaded from the other parks but I thought it rode smoother today than it's ever been.

ekuhn

BTW, is that "rock garden" at the concrete bridge really that hard? I'm asking honestly, maybe I'm just jaded from the other parks but I thought it rode smoother today than it's ever been.
It’s not - but you’d be surprised on how many couldn’t make it. Towards SMR seemed to be the more successful direction.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
The clipping need is bad. I would concentrate on that first. The thorns are all over the place. Forbidden red needs work. I can’t get out there tomorrow. I have no idea what the 27 side is like.

Deamon59

I've been ridden over it in years past with no problem but this season i've walked it all but once. The one time i attempted it this season i ended up having to put a foot down and walk it lol. It's the combination of the angle (valley), the random shapes of concrete chunks, limited line options and narrowness, water/wetness/mud, and risk of falling onto concrete/water that make me go nope.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions