6 Mile Run Conditions

Rode Sat morning. Conditions were primo. The intent of the ride was really to do some TM recon.

Concrete bridge was all jammed up. Cleared the tubes the best I could with the rake from the top side. Got the water level down pretty good to make the exit towards the pond not so wet. Thinking of trying to get in there maybe one night this to see if I can open it up. If anyone can do like a 5:30 meet up one night, lmk.

D888179C-70C1-4A73-8375-5AC7EF2601A0.jpeg

3C154E8D-947D-43AD-8F5D-69A3872582BC.jpeg

Figured out my photo issue - it’s when I size them down from actual size. Here I am trying to save bandwidth and my photos get drunk and lay down in the process.

Oh and check for ticks if you go out and trim. I just pulled 7 off of me.

Get some sun sleeves from Pearl Izumi (or rash guards at the surf shop, but they're heavier). They make full-length leg ones, too. Doesn't stop you from getting any ticks, but I've definitely caught quite a few, and it's easy to brush them off with a detailing brush before getting in the car.

@ekuhn I hear @Patrick likes to play in the water.

Rode Sat morning. Conditions were primo. The intent of the ride was really to do some TM recon.

Concrete bridge was all jammed up. Cleared the tubes the best I could with the rake from the top side. Got the water level down pretty good to make the exit towards the pond not so wet. Thinking of trying to get in there maybe one night this to see if I can open it up. If anyone can do like a 5:30 meet up one night, lmk.

View attachment 159737

View attachment 159738

someone broke up the dam created between the bridge and the tree!
i was thinking of going over some time this week, @Mare45 reported that it wasn't bad.
Sourlands on wednesday tho

Got out trimming from South Middlebush to the top of that sucky little hill on blue.

And I forgot my rake. If someone could go out and clean my mess up that would rule. Five minutes of walking, three minutes of raking, five minutes of walking is all it would take.

E610DB06-A646-4408-A826-DE849EBD6295.jpeg

someone broke up the dam created between the bridge and the tree!
i was thinking of going over some time this week, @Mare45 reported that it wasn't bad.
Sourlands on wednesday tho
It was rideable, but standing there I watched 3 or 4 riders (one being a kid) wipe out and dismount into the bank. Part of which the rocks and concrete chunks arent as smooth as they once were.

Maybe Thursday.

Got out trimming from South Middlebush to the top of that sucky little hill on blue.

And I forgot my rake. If someone could go out and clean my mess up that would rule. Five minutes of walking, three minutes of raking, five minutes of walking is all it would take.

View attachment 159762
Don’t waste your time raking. Just cut as much as you can.

Well hopefully he can suggest to the people not wearing helmets to do so. Rode yesterday and why is Six mile the only park in NJ that people do not wear helmets? It is also directly proportional to the quality of the bike they are riding. I must of saw 10 people with no helmets on. When you mention they should be wearing a helmet they spout some BS like it;s my right not to wear one.

Well hopefully he can suggest to the people not wearing helmets to do so. Rode yesterday and why is Six mile the only park in NJ that people do not wear helmets? It is also directly proportional to the quality of the bike they are riding. I must of saw 10 people with no helmets on. When you mention they should be wearing a helmet they spout some BS like it;s my right not to wear one.

really? only at 6 mile?

Now you have!
View attachment 159763

6mr is managed by the D&R Canal State Park. The State Park Police assigned to cover 6MR have a large area of responsibility, all the way to Frenchtown. You might not see them when you visit, but they are around and really good peeps.
This guy was ripping by my marshal station during the Quick Six NICA race, he even had his flashing emergency lights on...what a surprise to see him ride by.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions