6 Mile Run Conditions

dvaidya

Since I am starting out with zero endurance any guidance on which trail I should start out on and work my way up to more difficult trails? The last time that I had rode 6M I started out from the entrance on Rt27.

stevodrums

Since I am starting out with zero endurance any guidance on which trail I should start out on and work my way up to more difficult trails? The last time that I had rode 6M I started out from the entrance on Rt27.
Just start on Canal and see if you can get to rt 27 then back. Then you can continue and finish at the soccer Fields
then back.

dvaidya

I wud love to but cant during the week i don't live that close i can only go on weekends. I was there Monday but took the day off. Any time on weekends sure but it gets crowded so earlier the better. thanks
If I am not going for a ride with the family on Saturday's on various section of D&R Canal I will do it. Let me know what time in the morning.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Are the miles listed here for each trail one way or round trip?
The whole loop from 27 is between 14-16 miles. Just ride it and figure it out. Ride half the time you plan to ride and turn around. It is part of the process of learn any place.

regarding endurance, just ride as much as you can, whenever you can. Once you reach 10 hours a week, start to think about if you need rest days.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
any marshalls needed for the June 6 race at 6 mile?
@moose35 is correct, we try to fill all shifts via signup.com before race day as it takes an army to put on races like these. There are also opportunities to help out on Saturday. No experience needed, and the signup links have descriptions, etc.

Thank you for asking!

BuckChoklit

Nice time today. Lots of guys on the trail working and doing cleanup. Ended up getting lost at one point🤦🏾‍♂️ going from white to red back to jaques

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Ran the brush hog over the white trail today In the heat. Killed 1 billion pounds Of poison ivy. Seems that the poison ivy is really loving the weather this year.

The Nica race will be held on Sunday, 6 June. If you can volunteer to help that day it would be fantastic.

I would avoid Jacques lane and potentially 6 mile Run for the entire weekend of June 5 and sixth.

Attachments

• 6E6E43CD-CF92-4183-BF70-3A92EF44EB01.jpeg
    6E6E43CD-CF92-4183-BF70-3A92EF44EB01.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 73FA275B-E030-49B9-90BC-7C0A634F0416.jpeg
    73FA275B-E030-49B9-90BC-7C0A634F0416.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 152
  • EDF23418-764C-456B-B3C3-9E1BE5086C68.jpeg
    EDF23418-764C-456B-B3C3-9E1BE5086C68.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 141

BuckChoklit

Ran the brush hog over the white trail today In the heat. Killed 1 billion pounds Of poison ivy. Seems that the poison ivy is really loving the weather this year.

The Nica race will be held on Sunday, 6 June. If you can volunteer to help that day it would be fantastic.

I would avoid Jacques lane and potentially 6 mile Run for the entire weekend of June 5 and sixth.
Hey! I think I saw you. thank you guys for all you do man.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i was walking on white and red today near the stream crossings on the canal side.
the ground is surprisingly dry, with just a hint of tire marks from the person that rode through.
No slime.
I also drove my truck across a field and down one of the fire cuts. no sinking, slipping, or rutting.

there was a bit of standing water in the cupped spots.

DCL

i was walking on white and red today near the stream crossings on the canal side.
the ground is surprisingly dry, with just a hint of tire marks from the person that rode through.
No slime.
I also drove my truck across a field and down one of the fire cuts. no sinking, slipping, or rutting.

there was a bit of standing water in the cupped spots.
Surprised, considering how much rain we got. But it was pretty much a desert before that so...
Thanks for the update!

ekuhn

Today and tomorrow look thunderous, weekend is 85+. Hopefully it all skips the park and the NICA course stays relatively dry for Sunday.

stevodrums

With the races Sunday will it be ok to Ride Saturday if it s dry of course. And as always thanks to all the people who work on the trails for us to ride. Great work . Thanks

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
With the races Sunday will it be ok to Ride Saturday if it s dry of course. And as always thanks to all the people who work on the trails for us to ride. Great work . Thanks
Probably decent with some puddles. That’s if Friday is hot and sunny (even with a thunderstorm) it should dry. If Friday is rainy like Thursday looks to be, then probably not.

Short story long - maybe.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions