6 Mile Run Conditions

rmap01

The conditions yesterday @ 6MR were a solid A yesterday (so hopefully not too much rain this weekend). Love the recent improvements on Red. 🤘 And I thought it was worth mentioning that the re-route around that persistently muddy section on Red as well as the work done around the metal bridge have stood the test of time and have definitely improved the riding experience so thx to those that do! 👍

But what I don't get is the continued dumbing down of the trail and especially all the new (shortcut and/or easier) lines being created. Just makes no sense 2me.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
easier) lines

? easier - there isn't much there to dumb down.
the log pile and ttf had the go-around for horses.
someone cut out the notched log on red trail extension -
anything else?

I know the short cuts that are evolving - i suspect the hikers don't like the twisties.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
anything else?

I know the short cuts that are evolving - i suspect the hikers don't like the twisties.
Time for the Patrick cattle shoots!

rmap01

anything else?

Nothing very specific… just struck me that a number of logovers have been removed throughout the trail system. And, to your point, everything was very doable so why remove?

rmap01

Different people have different definitions of doable.
True... but if you remove the things that challenge you how do you get better??? 🤷‍♂️ And FWIW, if it's those that maintain the trails I'm totally cool with it - they know better than I. Just hoping it's not random users is all.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Nothing very specific… just struck me that a number of logovers have been removed throughout the trail system. And, to your point, everything was very doable so why remove?
I don’t think I’ve removed any log overs this year. What has happened is that thousands of people ride here and the logs break down over time. Also I often see hybrid bikes out here. I’m thinking it isn’t much fun riding over logs on a sidewalk bike??

rmap01

I don’t think I’ve removed any log overs this year. What has happened is that thousands of people ride here and the logs break down over time. Also I often see hybrid bikes out here. I’m thinking it isn’t much fun riding over logs on a sidewalk bike??
For all the work you do @jdog I'll always defer to your judgement.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
True... but if you remove the things that challenge you how do you get better??? 🤷‍♂️ And FWIW, if it's those that maintain the trails I'm totally cool with it - they know better than I. Just hoping it's not random users is all.
IMO 6 mile is for fast and flowy and logs should be removed. Sourlands is 10 min from there for tech.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Cut in a new little section of singletrack this am for the upcoming NICA race. The kids should like it. A little less double track.
8D950DDD-29E9-4498-8145-85BAC058D3BF.jpeg

BuckChoklit

Had a nice time today. First time on blue and I'm definitely out of shape. Any tips for a noob as far as making it out without having a heart attack?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Had a nice time today. First time on blue and I'm definitely out of shape. Any tips for a noob as far as making it out without having a heart attack?
Ride regularly! Dial back a bit at the start and up the intensity as you ride. As fitness comes back go harder. Have fun, which will keep you coming back.

Miles of smiles

Karate Monkey

Ride regularly! Dial back a bit at the start and up the intensity as you ride. As fitness comes back go harder. Have fun, which will keep you coming back.

Miles of smiles

Granted, I have medical conditions, but I usually feel like absolute garbage for the first ~20-25 minutes if I'm riding consistently. By the end of 1.5-2 hours, I feel fine (if tired). The 'go easy' at the start thing is the way to go; I find that by the time I get through my first high heart rate effort, I feel much better.

The only time I don't feel like crap starting is if I haven't ridden for a few days.

BuckChoklit

Thanks guys. I will definitely try that out. Another issue I have is I kinda need to keep my heart rate around 140. I was touching 160 at certain points and damn near passing out lol. Recently recovering from afib and have been quite sedentary the past few years. Had a blast when I wasn't wanting to puke

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions