6 Mile Run Conditions

ekuhn

Thanks Ed.

I'm thinking dynamite and new bridge. :)
I’ve been thinking about this a bunch.

If we can get the water level down as far as we can, maybe we can get @jdog to bulldoze the area up stream of the bridge deeper. This will slow the water down and hopefully have the heavy stuff sink to the bottom. It’s not going to end it all, but it could help.

In addition, opening up both ends of the bridge and building two smaller spans from shore to the concrete bridge may also allow push some of the debris to the shore which could be easier to maintain.

Just spitballing here, but explosives sound cool too.

JDurk

Just spitballing here, but explosives sound cool too.
I could make a call.
20200807_163030.jpg

WJF

Amazing people throw crap on the trails. Thanks for your efforts
They are throwing their empty water bottles six to ten feet off the trial... my guess they are hoping no one will see it or it will just disappear....Easy to carry in full, impossible to carry out empty. Big haul out last night

stevodrums

They are throwing their empty water bottles six to ten feet off the trial... my guess they are hoping no one will see it or it will just disappear....Easy to carry in full, impossible to carry out empty. Big haul out last night
Your efforts are well appreciated!!! When I see a bottle or whatever, I take in my camel back and throw away as I see it. Hopefully like January in gyms the additional Covid amateurs will dissipate and go back to the mall. Mind you I welcome any new comer to our sport but just don't litter is all. Again Thanks for your efforts. I truly love 6 Mile and ride there at a minimum once a week.

JonF

Dirt was super tacky on sunday, rode great even with all the leaf cover.

There was a super foul stench all over the park though from end to end, seemed to come and go but when you caught a whiff it was like a real earthy, gag-inducing rot. Mushrooms? i remember mushrooms were bad at Allaire in the spring and super stanky but smelled a bit different.

rick81721

Lothar
Dirt was super tacky on sunday, rode great even with all the leaf cover.

There was a super foul stench all over the park though from end to end, seemed to come and go but when you caught a whiff it was like a real earthy, gag-inducing rot. Mushrooms? i remember mushrooms were bad at Allaire in the spring and super stanky but smelled a bit different.

Mushrooms don't stink that badly or pervasively. Most likely dead deer

JonF

Mushrooms don't stink that badly or pervasively. Most likely dead deer
Definitely not decaying flesh. More of a swampy, fecal funk like when a stagnant pond is drying up. But the river didn't seem that low and you'd catch a whiff even in areas away from the water. Dunno...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions