6 Mile Run Conditions

Cassinonorth

I posted up a PSA and one of the admins of the group did as well and basically mentioned this. Per usual, it's mostly new riders. I think the FB groups will have the largest impact as that's easier to find than this forum. Education is always the key.

Saw that as well. Communication is key, most people just don't know any better.

I'm the Matt on there..I post from time to time.

TimBay

Can someone on the know please post if 6mr is rideable tomorrow morning or Sunday? Folks have asked on the FB group. I dont know the rule of thumb there.

02camaro

But thats why I posted here and directed people here. Isn't that sorta the mission statement of this thread? I'm sure someone here is local, rides it a lot and knows the answer.
tomorrow will be fine, be careful for trail traffic, it will be busy.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
It's just about perfect out here
20200905_070920.jpg

TAS

Haven’t been to Six Mile in years. All this talk about it has me itching to ride.
GO!
2014 was the last time I rode there.. Been doing my thing at Mercer.... Two weeks ago decided it was time for a change and hit 6 Mile on a weekday. Started at the Canal lot and did the entire blue to orange to red route out to Rt 27. Back on red to white out to Jaques lane parking lot, back to (the old) red and out to canal road. All I can say is WOW!... KUDOS to jdog and the TM crew. They have done a fantastic job.

I'll be back sooner

TAS

rmap01

Trail conditions this morning were as good as it gets at 6MR. (Trail traffic OTOH was a different story. I used to think 8am was early enough to beat the traffic but it was packed 🤷🏻‍♂️). LOVE the work you guys did on the Red reroute 👍👍👍. And there’s virtually no overgrowth so someone’s been trimming. 👊 Now if the newbs would just move to the side of the trail when walking their bikes...

Last edited:

WJF

I was out trimming and picking up trash on the 27 side last night between the rain, it was slick and very wet, bike traffic yesterday resulted in plenty of tire tracks. Lack of sun so far this morning means it will not be drying out very fast.

3954B467-56AA-466A-BD56-F7AF8B7C7984.jpeg

pygmypony

I was out trimming and picking up trash on the 27 side last night between the rain, it was slick and very wet, bike traffic yesterday resulted in plenty of tire tracks. Lack of sun so far this morning means it will not be drying out very fast.

View attachment 139100
liked for trimming and picking up trash! not liked for all of the rain! thanks again for all the work Bill! great seeing you out on the trails the other day!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions