6 Mile Run Conditions

02camaro

Was there rain overnight like there? Wondering how conditions will be in the AM
ground was damp when i woke up but i dont think it actually rained enough to make a problem. go for it.

weatherunderground showing .03in rainfall overnight.

EJphotos

Yeah glad I got up there today.
Was actually my first time doing the entire thing. By the time I hit white, I was exhausted. Lol.

WJF

JORBA resources out moving dirt this morning.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Yea. There's a couple of nj mtb fb groups, Garden state mtb, New Jersey mtb... they seem to be mostly new "covid riders" that just don't give a damn about anything. Setting up group rides after the rain and tell you to piss off if you tell them to give it a few days.... buncha asshats

MikeCooke

Yea. There's a couple of nj mtb fb groups, Garden state mtb, New Jersey mtb... they seem to be mostly new "covid riders" that just don't give a damn about anything. Setting up group rides after the rain and tell you to piss off if you tell them to give it a few days.... buncha asshats
I’m in the first group you’ve mentioned and I’ve seen an overwhelmingly majority of people advising against riding Six Mile after a rain.

Cassinonorth

I’m in the first group you’ve mentioned and I’ve seen an overwhelmingly majority of people advising against riding Six Mile after a rain.

I've gotten into it with a couple people on one of the groups after the 4" storm and his response was basically "I donate to JORBA bro" like that gives you a free pass to ride muddy trails whenever you please.

Cassinonorth

By all means if it happens in Garden State Mountain Biking tag me. I’m an admin over there. We stand by respecting the trails.

All good, I've seen you out and about on there. It seemed like an isolated incident...it may have even been the other group before you rebranded. Couldn't keep them straight haha

MikeCooke

All good, I've seen you out and about on there. It seemed like an isolated incident...it may have even been the other group before you rebranded. Couldn't keep them straight haha
It’s always odd when you throw a few thousand personalities into a group. The best we can do is try and teach the newbies who will listen. Respecting the trails is rule one in my book.

TimBay

I've gotten into it with a couple people on one of the groups after the 4" storm and his response was basically "I donate to JORBA bro" like that gives you a free pass to ride muddy trails whenever you please.
I posted up a PSA and one of the admins of the group did as well and basically mentioned this. Per usual, it's mostly new riders. I think the FB groups will have the largest impact as that's easier to find than this forum. Education is always the key.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I posted up a PSA and one of the admins of the group did as well and basically mentioned this. Per usual, it's mostly new riders. I think the FB groups will have the largest impact as that's easier to find than this forum. Education is always the key.
Nice... saw that. Good job.

I've gotten into it with a few folks on both groups, and when I advise not to ride, their thread dissappear, or they tell me I'm and idiot for thinking a muddy trail is 100% ok to ride on. Additionally, there are folks who think its cool to tell new riders that etiquette is the way of the past and blowing past uphill riders is the right thing to do.

Its just disheartening to see trail advocacy get screwed over because people either don't want to learn, or just dont care.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. 🤣

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions