6 Mile Run Conditions

Scottkw34

Thanks. Just making sure it’s ok to ride. Coming from about 40 min away for a quick ride. I’m not the greatest with technology, Not sure what the @ Patrick is for, lol. Sry about that.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It's like peanut butter and puddles.

Canal side is good to go. there are puddles (we nicked a few), very little peanut butter
(it is a relative thing!) - couple of corners on white were bad.

Orange sucks - we came back black - (i know there is a black trail....who else?)

the center of the puddle approaching the blackwells water crossing is axle deep.
High side it! It needs some machine love. too big to hand dig.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Not sure what the @ Patrick is for

Dan was summoning me from beyond - he knew i was riding there today,
so you'd get a live report (if i logged into the site - which i didn't - went realtime with FB nj mtb)

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dan was summoning me from beyond - he knew i was riding there today,
so you'd get a live report (if i logged into the site - which i didn't - went realtime with FB nj mtb)
@Scottkw34
1597789177510.gif

Scottkw34

Thanks guys, though twice about it, decided to stay local at balpate. Took my son (12) and his friend. Trying to get them into riding, They never really See the sun due to video games. Son went down hard, road rash on knees, elbows and hands. Spent the past hour attempting to get the dirt and rocks out of his skin. Not the greatest introduction to mtb, we’re off to a rocky start.........

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks guys, though twice about it, decided to stay local at balpate. Took my son (12) and his friend. Trying to get them into riding, They never really See the sun due to video games. Son went down hard, road rash on knees, elbows and hands. Spent the past hour attempting to get the dirt and rocks out of his skin. Not the greatest introduction to mtb, we’re off to a rocky start.........
Hope his ego isn’t too bruised.
Gloves. Always gloves. Unless you’re a pro CX or World Tour racer.
Some lightweight knee and elbow pads may not be a bad idea either.
Enjoy the ride!

joshmdean

I haven't been out there but I am ten minutes away and it barely rained. As others reported, it rained harder in the area. I plan on hitting the canal side this evening.

WJF

I haven't been out there but I am ten minutes away and it barely rained. As others reported, it rained harder in the area. I plan on hitting the canal side this evening.
Plenty of rain the last few days with isolated storms rolling thru the area. I was out trimming on the Blue last night, anything in the shade was slick, bomb holes filled with water and getting bigger because of go around riders, plenty of tire tracks ripping up the trail.

Last edited:

jklett

I just walked with my dog on the red velvet NICA section and back the old rabbit run(I think that's what it was called, the part that goes along the field). There were still a few greasy spots on that short section so I'd give it some more time, I'm thinking it should be okay by tomorrow afternoon if it stays dry.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions