6 Mile Run Conditions

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
Rode the Jacques loop today (red/white) with the kid today. Good news: trails were tacky with very few puddles and there were no downed trees.

Im guessing the swampy parts of blue and orange are a mess and probably need until Friday to dry though.

jklett

Blue needs a chainsaw crew to go through, multiple big trees down between canal and where it comes next to Blackwells. It looks like someone came in from there and worked towards Middlebush because there were a few bigger trees cut. I ran across someone who rode orange and white, he said there were 3 or 4 down on orange but nothing on white so I'll just take his word on them. Red going back to canal was pretty clear, small touch ups needed but passable. All throughout there's plenty of small sticks and branches on the tread that need to be brushed off. I got some of the bigger ones but there's plenty more to go around so feel free to kick some off when you're there.

On a positive note, the trail tread is really good with only a few minor muddy spots in the usual problem areas.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Blue needs a chainsaw crew to go through, multiple big trees down between canal and where it comes next to Blackwells. It looks like someone came in from there and worked towards Middlebush because there were a few bigger trees cut. I ran across someone who rode orange and white, he said there were 3 or 4 down on orange but nothing on white so I'll just take his word on them. Red going back to canal was pretty clear, small touch ups needed but passable. All throughout there's plenty of small sticks and branches on the tread that need to be brushed off. I got some of the bigger ones but there's plenty more to go around so feel free to kick some off when you're there.

On a positive note, the trail tread is really good with only a few minor muddy spots in the usual problem areas.
I was hoping to go out with the ditch witch this week and a saw to make some big moves. Unfortunately it’s being held hostage.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@jdog led @jklett and me on a saw-a-thon on the rt 27 side this morning. All the trees down across the trail are clear. There are still a couple leaning to slow ya down.

some standing water on the trails in the problem spots, but hadn’t started to get slimy yet at noon.

should recover quickly when the sun comes out.
Concrete bridge needs some love.

Think trails will be ok to ride tomorrow morning?
Likely a dumb question, but I haven't been riding 6mr with all of the changes in the past few years. I'm still trained to think its a complete mud fest after a rain.
Thanks!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Think trails will be ok to ride tomorrow morning?
Likely a dumb question, but I haven't been riding 6mr with all of the changes in the past few years. I'm still trained to think its a complete mud fest after a rain.
Thanks!

i think it is going to need a day. Rain was a long, slow soaker this morning ending after noon without the sun coming out

i think it is going to need a day. Rain was a long, slow soaker this morning ending after noon without the sun coming out

Appreciate it! The drainage has definitely gotten better from when I used to ride consistently years ago. I'll be off thinking its soaked and I see the sixmilers insta post about hero dirt! 🤣🤣 I get so confused!
Cheers!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I put in 3 hrs today on the 27 side running the brush hog. Peanut butter conditions for sure.

This photo
8E67512D-BD5E-4093-BACB-456F2C60A4EF.jpeg
ACF3AF2C-CF75-4656-BF9D-5BA7E890074D.jpeg
CA63A159-9B91-4BBA-B83C-8B6852564043.jpeg
1DBB5A61-D2CB-42EF-AD29-4057F3587AF1.jpeg
CA63A159-9B91-4BBA-B83C-8B6852564043.jpeg
1DBB5A61-D2CB-42EF-AD29-4057F3587AF1.jpeg
ACF3AF2C-CF75-4656-BF9D-5BA7E890074D.jpeg
hoto came my way today. This looks to be the very first jorba trail day that I led in the park. Somewhere around 2008? I know many faces here but not all. ..

8E67512D-BD5E-4093-BACB-456F2C60A4EF.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions