6 Mile Run Conditions

serviceguy

fairly sure they are
asshole bees - the kind that can sting multiple times.
beus assholeus.

they were not honey bees - could be wasps, do they like to live in trees?
Sadly, the only bee that dies when stinging is the honeybee, the most important and useful insect bar none. Period.

All others are a-holes. Like the one that got me on Sunday, had to limp back home it hurt that bad. I've been stung several times by bees and yellow jacket but never hurt as bad as that one. Weird.

onetracker

Sadly, the only bee that dies when stinging is the honeybee, the most important and useful insect bar none. Period.

All others are a-holes. Like the one that got me on Sunday, had to limp back home it hurt that bad. I've been stung several times by bees and yellow jacket but never hurt as bad as that one. Weird.
Which trail is this nest on? Thx.

serviceguy

Yup. Thx. Maybe let the Rwood trail crew know.
It's on my usual route, I'll check if there's a nest near where that happened but I didn't see one at the time. Also, they nest in the ground so probably not easy to spot. I just happened to dab due to a miscalculation in my approach to a big rock.

onetracker

It's on my usual route, I'll check if there's a nest near where that happened but I didn't see one at the time. Also, they nest in the ground so probably not easy to spot. I just happened to dab due to a miscalculation in my approach to a big rock.
Those ground bees are nasty. They are often located near a down log or pile of rocks.

FitmanNJ

Did a small bit of trail maintenance on Six Mile Orange. Easy peazy..

F7639302-2F8A-467D-941F-3899A5484C6D.jpeg

A0B64F09-D145-4868-8B57-1B96920634AA.jpeg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
First time back at SixMile in ages….. just did a orange-red short lap post WFH before the impending soaking. Is this the “Bee Tree”?

8F159E94-34AA-4A39-9826-0095365C6467.jpeg

It’s on red heading back to 27 near where it meets up with Orange near the power lines.

99CBB36C-6E69-444E-95C7-43808BD6F1D2.jpeg

TommyF

Watching the weather and there's a confirmed tornado on the ground, 6 mile run is in its path. Stay safe all.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
This is bad. Very bad. Example:

Hillsborough Road is flooded between Willow and South Woods. Like cars stuck deep. I’m trapped.

I have about 8” - 12” of water covering my whole backyard. I have never seen anything like this.

Tornado went from Rocky Hill up Canal Road area and finally up Willow Road. Not sure if there is any damage or if it just hit the woods/farm fields. Spent some time in the basement.

THATmanMANNY

damn I gotta see this. Hillsborough road flooded. I guess there are a few basins there that aren’t large enough.

I don’t remember what year but we were out of school for 3 days. Hurricane Floyd

rick81721

Lothar
This is bad. Very bad. Example:

Hillsborough Road is flooded between Willow and South Woods. Like cars stuck deep. I’m trapped.

I have about 8” - 12” of water covering my whole backyard. I have never seen anything like this.

Tornado went from Rocky Hill up Canal Road area and finally up Willow Road. Not sure if there is any damage or if it just hit the woods/farm fields. Spent some time in the basement.

Ha I remember trying to get to work in Piscataway from Hillsboro after Floyd. There was literally no way.

ekuhn

I'm good. No tornado issues here. Didn't see any damage from where I'm at. Lost power for a total of 3 minutes.

Canal Rd in both directions from me is flooded. Towpath is submerged. Few cars look like they tried to make it but got stuck towards 518. Washout debris in roadway. But the true question - "Is Six Mile rideable?"

IMG_5262.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions