6 Mile Run Conditions

ekuhn

With the races Sunday will it be ok to Ride Saturday if it s dry of course. And as always thanks to all the people who work on the trails for us to ride. Great work . Thanks
If the weather holds out and its rideable Saturday be aware the Pre-Race crew will be putting out markings/final touches on White and Red Saturday all around Jacques Lane Lot for the race.

Keep your head up and be aware.

stevodrums

If the weather holds out and its rideable Saturday be aware the Pre-Race crew will be putting out markings/final touches on White and Red Saturday all around Jacques Lane Lot for the race.

Keep your head up and be aware.
OK thanks. I will just stay away this weekend.

ilnadi

And I'll have a sledge hammer⚒️

nice dirt today, too bad it will not hold up till Sunday.

@Patrick , were you the red pickup coming up to Jacques lane lot around 5:45? Teh kids got a kick out of it.

PS: THIS is how getting lost is done
LostAt6MR.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
last pic turned into this.

left side washed out, this should hold for a bit.
tried to get the pitch so the water would roll off correctly - the trail was cupped, and holding a small lake.

the lip onto the bridge above isn't as bad as it looks from the photo.
i'm not happy with my bolt pattern :( now that i'm looking - i didn't go in the water to do the work.

1622815397330.png

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I’m excited for the NICA race and I know I’m gonna take heat (and I have already) for endorsement of the race when it’s been wet.

This is not an adult race. This is all kids and it is making a difference in lives of children and their families.

I’ll personally fix whatever impact this race might have on the trail system. I’ve done so before and I’ll do it again.

Please consider volunteering for these events. As mtbers, NICA can be our future and our legacy.

Special thanks to @clarkenstein who came out to dig at 6 am yesterday after I messages him at 5 am. Yes, we are both up at this time daily, but it is always awesome to have people you can count on with no notice.

pics are adjacent to the Jacques lot. If you haven’t been out there of late, please consider this the mtbers lot moving forward. The canal lot is a mess for a number of reasons. The park would like to see Jauques better utilized and this is part of that. The dirt moved is an effort to keep riders flying through the lot as they ride the complete loop of the park. This new route makes sense and keeps riders away from cars. Embrace it.

Attachments

• CD27355B-D965-43B5-B26B-950D0337D6C9.jpeg
    CD27355B-D965-43B5-B26B-950D0337D6C9.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 180
  • 0F488F2D-96A3-4BA2-9F5F-CF28A461475D.jpeg
    0F488F2D-96A3-4BA2-9F5F-CF28A461475D.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 184
  • FB32C52C-64B7-42BE-AC82-12A5118503A2.jpeg
    FB32C52C-64B7-42BE-AC82-12A5118503A2.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 170
  • D2771A23-6C70-45C7-BD97-23BE8C027971.jpeg
    D2771A23-6C70-45C7-BD97-23BE8C027971.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 177

ekuhn

Race was a well put together event with plenty of support in the heat! Wettest sections were in the double track grass areas. Few puddles in typical spots in the single track. New roller area was by the parking lot was smooth. The heat wave helped dry it all up. No trail damage that I saw in my multiple laps and during cleanup.

I don't know what the final numbers were but there were a ton of kids. I'd estimating over 350 between the 4 groups. Those kids gave it their all - even the kids who yacked their pancakes from breakfast.

Didn't take too many pics, but here are a few from the infield.

IMG_4567.jpeg

IMG_4570.jpeg

IMG_4571.jpeg

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Race was a well put together event with plenty of support in the heat! Wettest sections were in the double track grass areas. Few puddles in typical spots in the single track. New roller area was by the parking lot was smooth. The heat wave helped dry it all up. No trail damage that I saw in my multiple laps and during cleanup.

I don't know what the final numbers were but there were a ton of kids. I'd estimating over 350 between the 4 groups. Those kids gave it their all - even the kids who yacked their pancakes from breakfast.

Thanks for volunteering @ekuhn and for your support of the park/JORBA Six Mile Chapter. Did you ever get your hammer back btw? DM me if not, would like to replace it.

It was a great day of racing, with 370 starters out of 474 pre-registered racers. Races are included in our annual fee, which always leads to more no-shows than a typical per-race fee structure. I am sure that the heat and graduation season impacted the number of starters.

We were super happy about the trail conditions too. This course is a favorite among our students and it didn't disappoint.

Results here: https://my.raceresult.com/170987 We also run live results during our races, which can be accessed here: https://www.newjerseymtb.org/nj-events/live/

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions