6 Mile Run Conditions

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
At this point the only chance of a good 6mr ride is a hard freeze and a cloudy day. The sun can melt the frozen a long way below freezing. You’ve been warned. Riding out of the woods with 75lbs of semi frozen mud sucks.

snashters

How's it looking out there??
I did a loop on canal side starting just after sunrise yesterday morning and again this morning. It looked like 2 or 3 other fatbikes have been out and some foot traffic, blue had most use but still not very well packed down. Yesterday there were no tracks across Middlebush to the 27 side, I didn’t try today. It’s not the best snow, it felt quite slippery and I lost traction on some of the up hills (4.8 Lou/Bud), this morning was better with the colder temperatures. I wouldn’t bother if it’s close to or above freezing.

Nolabean

02F8FDE3-CEF2-4ADA-B9BE-E216F56D29D5.jpeg
5B0FF61F-F998-4F84-A5B0-2B15035BBCC7.jpeg
2AFC5208-2552-40AF-BBC3-19E04211E384.jpeg
Went over to canal entrance just now to see what’s up - seems possible I saw some snow shoe hikers and looks like some people had ridden. I want to try early in am when cold, not sure - but will give a shot.

Attachments

• F2D1080D-CD11-4E2E-9F8E-D0597E301DCB.jpeg
    F2D1080D-CD11-4E2E-9F8E-D0597E301DCB.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 80

rick81721

Lothar
Perfect as long as you stay in the 12 - 18 in packed down path. Pretty much the best snow I've ridden in years. I laughed all three times I took a dive in the snow during the first 2 miles until I got the hang of it. Even the little climbs were no problem with traction

PS I dusted off the pleasingly plump Horsethief with 2.6 in tires. Most guys I saw had fat bikes. Funny how some people don't enjoy it. I ran into two guys that were grimacing, no smile, didn't even say Hi after I did

Last edited:

Nolabean

Perfect as long as you stay in the 12 - 18 in packed down path. Pretty much the best snow I've ridden in years. I laughed all three times I took a dive in the snow during the first 2 miles until I got the hang of it. Even the little climbs were no problem with traction

PS I dusted off the pleasingly plump Horsethief with 2.6 in tires. Most guys I saw had fat bikes. Funny how some people don't enjoy it. I ran into two guys that were grimacing, no smile, didn't even say Hi after I did
Yeah we went today too. I did ok on the packed path - regardless of if straight or uphill as long as on the path- like you said, but get off the pack for a second and issues. Husband has plus tires he had less trouble than I did for sure. No fat bikes for us but they do look useful.

THATmanMANNY

the vid I posted in media room was from yesterday. Saw one person. It was great for what it is. My bro was losing are in the back and it was quite beneficial for him. He was ripping at the end lol. Low pressure 15psi to 20psi if you can do it.

gpTron

I blame all the mtb content creators from the UK constantly showing off their mud rides and making people think it's OK. I don't think these guys knew better. They're doing what they see on Instagram and YouTube. If they did they wouldn't have posted their faces. Then again maybe I'm underestimating people's ignorance and stupidity.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I blame all the mtb content creators from the UK constantly showing off their mud rides and making people think it's OK. I don't think these guys knew better. They're doing what they see on Instagram and YouTube. If they did they wouldn't have posted their faces. Then again maybe I'm underestimating people's ignorance and stupidity.
I would put money on they don’t know any better. Probably think that getting muddy is part of “it”

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions