6 Mile Run Conditions

kearneyb

Rode canal to 27 and back this morning. Mostly ok. Wet on blue near the bridge. New section of red was wet as well as the normal spot on orange. Couple slick turns with some wet leaves. Didn’t think to take pics.

kearneyb

Maybe it was 5 mile? Or 7 mile?

i was out this mornin for a complete lap thanks to teacher convention. Like I said mostly ok with a few wet spots and slick turns. Almost washed out on white.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was there this morning.
Started at Canal lot at 8:50am. Few soft spots, only large puddle was this one
(Server error on photo upload)

On Orange.... where all the branches are laid perpendicular across the trail.

JPark

Rode canal side this afternoon. Mostly dry and tacky, a puddle here and there. The leaves are getting packed in nice, It's almost like it's been resurfaced now. The parking lot was PACKED.

Deamon59

Was there this morning.
Started at Canal lot at 8:50am. Few soft spots, only large puddle was this one
(Server error on photo upload)

On Orange.... where all the branches are laid perpendicular across the trail.
Not sure i understand what you mean about orange and the branches, would you mind elaborating? Are they blocking the trail or just small ones?

msmith3887

Not sure i understand what you mean about orange and the branches, would you mind elaborating? Are they blocking the trail or just small ones?

I know the puddle he's talking about. It's filled with water and there a bunch of brands laid across the puddle to ride over on the right side of the puddle (coming from 27). I'd say it's about 1/3 of the way through the Orange trail. They are not blocking the trail.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There’s one low spot on what I think was still Orange, that always has a bunch of branches across the ground, because it’s a never ending wet spot. I can’t upload photos now.
3250FE78-3912-4CBF-B3AA-4645296066DF.jpeg

Last edited:

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know the puddle he's talking about. It's filled with water and there a bunch of brands laid across the puddle to ride over on the right side of the puddle (coming from 27). I'd say it's about 1/3 of the way through the Orange trail. They are not blocking the trail.
Yeah. Not blocking the trail, meant to be there because persistent mud.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
First time here since March and the overuse is real. Place is in rough shape.
I also never saw so many over dressed people in one place. Even saw a backwards helmet in the wild. And even saw a e bike crash in the parking lot. It was an eventful day.

Morrisd

heading there tomorrow in the AM, will report back. for what it's worth, have ridden my local Edison NJ woods the past two days and they've dried up really well. they are usually a very good proxy for 6MR so i expect conditions to be pretty good tomorrow.
What woods in Edison do you ride?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
First time here since March and the overuse is real. Place is in rough shape.
I also never saw so many over dressed people in one place. Even saw a backwards helmet in the wild. And even saw a e bike crash in the parking lot. It was an eventful day.
It’s been a rough summer for the park. Basically 5+ years of use packed into one summer.

The coming freeze/thaw season is going to be brutal on the park as most of these new riders have never experienced this phenomenon before.

here is a good explanation that is worth the read :

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
It’s been a rough summer for the park. Basically 5+ years of use packed into one summer.

The coming freeze/thaw season is going to be brutal on the park as most of these new riders have never experienced this phenomenon before.

here is a good explanation that is worth the read :

I kept telling the NICA kids, there this nice set of rollers coming up and when we would get they, it was all but flat.

I wonder if the extra weight of e bikes is contributing to this 🤔

I jest

rick81721

Lothar
I kept telling the NICA kids, there this nice set of rollers coming up and when we would get they, it was all but flat.

I wonder if the extra weight of e bikes is contributing to this 🤔

I jest

Can't imagine how many chumps were there today!

Nolabean

Can't imagine how many chumps were there today!
I’m not experienced by any means but six mile is near and dear to my heart it’s a three min drive from my home. We started mtb recently and this past summer it has been wild I really appreciate the experienced riders and how polite they are offering to help us and all the patience. I know to get the hell out of the way and avoid when muddy. Today there were dogs being dragged on mountain bikes, e bikes, parking where it is not allowed, garbage in the park, people without helmets. I truly love the sport it has done so much for me and I don’t want 6mr ruined esp in these upcoming months when people don’t know the freeze/thaw issues. Do you think it will calm down?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions