6 Mile Run Conditions

Anyone head out there later today to see how it is? Was thinking of doing a morning ride tomorrow if it’s dry enough.

The trails hold a lot more water as temp drop.

I’ve heard that a mature tree draws over 100 gallons a day. Once all the hardwoods go dormant they don’t draw any water.

this is just my theory..

anyway, this is starting to be the time when the trails get trashed in a hurry

my guess is the trails will be closed by November or sooner from overuse when wet. This can be helped by giving the park longer than you think to heal from a rain event. Unfortunately this year is all about Amateur-Hour.

Flat bridge beside the rainbow Bridge seems to have lost part of its mooring. 20200912_125437.jpg
20200912_125433.jpg

I’ve heard that a mature tree draws over 100 gallons a day. Once all the hardwoods go dormant they don’t draw any water.

My landscaper told me trees do 90% of their growth and water usage from April-June. The rest of the year they're just chillin, being trees.

Leaves are dropping already so I'm guessing they are 100% done drawing water.

Now that we know the trees aren’t thirsty, has anyone been by to see what the conditions are like? Thinking about an afternoon ride tomorrow if the trails are up for it.

Dry conditions today. Finished rough cutting a new section on blue. The goal here is to keep trail users off the farmer’s fields.

if anyone is ambitious and wants to head out with a few hand tools and a pruner it would be awesome. Still super rough.

Dry conditions today. Finished rough cutting a new section on blue. The goal here is to keep trail users off the farmer’s fields.

if anyone is ambitious and wants to head out with a few hand tools and a pruner it would be awesome. Still super rough.

I just missed you, saw the parks guy finishing up when I went through. Looks great! I got a few branches hanging out onto the trail, on blue and white(by the NICA section) and gave someone my jorband to act as a makeshift bandage until he could get back to his car. I have to throw a few bandaids in the bag from now on.
20200918_112252.jpg
20200918_112607.jpg

Hero dirt in the shade, dusty in the sun today. Been probably a year since I rode here and wow, lotsa great work done. Also recently mowed and whacked. Thanks to all involved. Big tree down right by 27 with sketchy goaround that needs to be addressed.
20200922_094814.jpg

Hero dirt in the shade, dusty in the sun today. Been probably a year since I rode here and wow, lotsa great work done. Also recently mowed and whacked. Thanks to all involved. Big tree down right by 27 with sketchy goaround that needs to be addressed.
View attachment 139860
Wow. When I was there a few weeks ago, I heard some creaking while I was riding walking that section of trail. I wonder if it was that tree starting to give way that I heard 😳

View attachment 139860

wow - i wouldn't have predicted that one. will get it tomorrow morning.

Wow. If that's the tree I think it is that is the only remotely technical spot in the whole park.
yup, one of 2 short techy root sections on that first part out of 27 lot. Photo is looking toward 27.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions