6 Mile Run Conditions

qclabrat

Did the full loop, it was wetter than I thought. The spots that are wet are WET. One spot that really got me was on the start of red from Jaques (the sprint) at the end before the sharp left there is a mud bog on the other side of a whoop, I pumped it and nearly got stopped in my tracks on the other side, almost went otb. Just be aware, don't go flying 20mph through there. I wasn't anticipating mud there.
l have to agree, we hit every trail today and had to walk the bike across about 10 "pits". I personally have never ridden 6mr in such poor condition. Yes most of the park is good, but the 1% are really bad. Giving it a 2.0 and don't plan ride there anytime soon.

Dingo

I rode TODAY. What a freaking mess. How come it was not posted to STAY AWAY???
No way would we have rode there knowing how bad it really is. "couple of mud puddles" is what I had read last night.

Felt real bad adding to the ruts and go-arounds.

I never wash my bikes, had to today. Swear I could make a clay pot from the red clay on my patio.

Totally disgusted. Both lots were filled with cars.

WTF people!

SCOTTscale

I rode TODAY. What a freaking mess. How come it was not posted to STAY AWAY???
No way would we have rode there knowing how bad it really is. "couple of mud puddles" is what I had read last night.

Felt real bad adding to the ruts and go-arounds.

I never wash my bikes, had to today. Swear I could make a clay pot from the red clay on my patio.

Totally disgusted. Both lots were filled with cars.

WTF people!
Both lots were filled with cars and dirty bikes including yours?

qclabrat

Both lots were filled with cars and dirty bikes including yours?
I've ridden 6mr a few times from the canal lot but within minutes knew it was bad due to the greasy spring thaw. 5 minutes later I'm on the canal path instead. Today we were quite a bit in before it really started to suck badly at spots. Yeah, had I heard here it wasn't great, would have gone elsewhere.

I just put down a 1.0 on the conditions report, no way the park was a 3.0.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We can only go by the assessments of others and everyone has different opinions. @GHM73 is the 6 Mile king and he thought things would be fine. He is very protective and knows the problem areas as well as anyone. if he says it's ok, you are probably not doing any more damage to those areas, so don't sweat it.
I'll add that many think conditions need to be perfect to ride but that's just not realistic. Problem areas are just that, problematic. Sometimes it can be fixed, other times not, but usually you are not doing additional damage.

Supermoto

I thought the trails were dry and loose, lots of small rocks over hard pack made for lots of sliding in the corners. Very few mud spots that could be wheelied thru or avoided

AndyJ

Hmm... was there today as well... didn't think it was THAT bad, as long as caution was exercised in the few wet areas. If it's too bad, get off and walk until dry ground is reached. Did 2 full laps and my bike isn't covered with mud (but, I tend to ride at a slow pace - maybe folks who like to tear through there would have a different experience.)

The worst area was probably on blue near the metal bridge.

Last edited:

RideOnTime

Trails on the canal side were good yesterday aside from usual problem areas (except the already mentioned mud pit the fire road down from Jacques Ln.- that was a new surprise!)

rick81721

Lothar
Trail condition ratings are pretty subjective. Isolated puddles here and there I consider rideable. Stretches of trail that are muddy -no go for me.

Deamon59

Conditions from the 27 lot to the concrete bridge through orange are good. There are a few of the usual wet spots but most of them are not that wet. A good chunk of what I rode was actually dry.

Xler8

Rode there this weekend and overall the conditions were good. There are really muddy sections as mentioned which made for a pretty messy bike. There was also a section that had running water flow thru the trail which was a little odd. Maybe run off from somewhere.

Seems as though the wet areas are prone to staying wet for a long time considering the weather we've been having lately. Those areas might be good candidates for small bridges.

Mare

I tried to read back a few weeks, but I didn't see anything...is there mention of the disappearing bridge?? I hiked from the Canal lot last week, went clockwise, and when you are in the field and drop into the woods in one section, that bridge is gone. I know, I know...vague, lot of bridges there... but you'll know what I mean. Any talk of a new one going in its place?? :)

And anyone riding tonight??

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I tried to read back a few weeks, but I didn't see anything...is there mention of the disappearing bridge?? I hiked from the Canal lot last week, went clockwise, and when you are in the field and drop into the woods in one section, that bridge is gone. I know, I know...vague, lot of bridges there... but you'll know what I mean. Any talk of a new one going in its place?? :)

And anyone riding tonight??

@Mare45 - see you at CR! We will make it fun....

The bridge probably floated downstream again - the water really rages through there after a heavy storm. maybe we will tether it someday.

02camaro

My gut tells me the the trails will be junk tomorrow the the 6mr instagram page is holding out hope the trails will be good tomorrow, thoughts?

Ian F

My guess is the previous comments will continue: The 90% of the park that dries quickly will be dry. The 10% that doesn't will cake your bike in peanut butter.

02camaro

Did canal blue to south middlebush back on red/white its rideable and better than it was last week. Talked the the construction workers they said 2 mores days work and they will be out, so that's a bummer.

And my AccuWeather app says rain in 24 mins... Hopefully it's wrong and you after work riders can get out.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions