6 Mile Run Conditions

qclabrat

next ten days looks unreal, but not sure how long it will take for 6mr to dry out
can someone local give me a guessimate for Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

02camaro

next ten days looks unreal, but not sure how long it will take for 6mr to dry out
can someone local give me a guessimate for Friday, Saturday and Sunday?
i would think friday would be good. seems like the quick hard down pours dry out quicker than the long soaking hours of rain

RideOnTime

Trails are solid around Jacques Lane. Just a couple big mud spots and everything else dry. Tomorrow and this weekend should be great.

Shout out to the KOM on white who couldn't call out his pass to a hiker (me).

snjrider

Blue has a bridge out by Blackwells Mills road. No idea where it went but seems people are crossing a little further down the stream where it's not as deep. I ended up with a foot full of water from trying to walk across. Short of that, blue had mud in it's normal spots (a little worse than normal). Orange had a few puddles and mud spots but nothing major. Didn't ride white today so can't say one way other how it is.

Kangdoy

Blue has a bridge out by Blackwells Mills road. No idea where it went but seems people are crossing a little further down the stream where it's not as deep. I ended up with a foot full of water from trying to walk across. Short of that, blue had mud in it's normal spots (a little worse than normal). Orange had a few puddles and mud spots but nothing major. Didn't ride white today so can't say one way other how it is.

Thanks for the update. Looks like things will get interesting trying to cross that stream by Blackwells...

RobD

Anyone trying to ride after work tomorrow? I'm hoping to get there between 5-6. I'll throw my bike on the rack in the morning and hope for the best.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Blue has a bridge out by Blackwells Mills road. No idea where it went but seems people are crossing a little further down the stream where it's not as deep. I ended up with a foot full of water from trying to walk across.

Just cross on the road - I find it a lot easier than trying to find a decent spot to walk or hop across.

GHM73

I'll be hitting it today. I'm sure conditions are great. White always dries out fast. That bridge washes away occasionally when we get a big rain, so It's probably just downstream, but too heavy for one person to haul. I'll see if I can find it at least.

02camaro

Did the full loop, it was wetter than I thought. The spots that are wet are WET. One spot that really got me was on the start of red from Jaques (the sprint) at the end before the sharp left there is a mud bog on the other side of a whoop, I pumped it and nearly got stopped in my tracks on the other side, almost went otb. Just be aware, don't go flying 20mph through there. I wasn't anticipating mud there.

Ian F

That whole section used to be a lot worse before most of trail bed was built up. I can usually jump over most of the wet stuff, but you have to be moving. And it's been awhile, so the wet part might be bigger now.

Something similar would probably keep some of the other troublesome areas drier (the sections near the two bridges), but it would take an incredible amount of work. Likely more than jdog can do by himself during his TM sessions. Then there's the issue of how well that work would fair when the whole area gets flooded. Tough to put a lot of work into building something that may get washed away.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions